|Born||December 10, 1953|
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
|Notable works||Wars of Light and Shadow, Empire Trilogy|
Janny Wurts (born December 10, 1953) is an American fantasy novelist and illustrator. She has written several series, including the Wars of Light and Shadow, The Cycle of Fire trilogy, several stand-alone novels, a short story collection and the internationally best selling Empire Trilogy that she co-authored with Raymond E. Feist. She often illustrates her own work.
In the 1980s, she worked as an illustrator for role-playing game supplements for Mayfair Games.
Wurts has written numerous fantasy novels (19 as of 2016). Beyond writing, Wurts' award winning paintings have been showcased in exhibitions of imaginative artwork, among them a commemorative exhibition for NASA's 25th Anniversary; the Art of the Cosmos at Hayden Planetarium in New York; and two exhibits of fantasy art, at both the Delaware Art Museum and Canton Art Museum.
The Cycle of Fire Trilogy
- Stormwarden (1984)
- Keeper of the Keys (1988)
- Shadowfane (1988)
- The Cycle of Fire (1999) collects the trilogy into one volume
- Daughter of the Empire (1987) with Raymond E. Feist
- Servant of the Empire (1990) with Raymond E. Feist
- Mistress of the Empire (1992) with Raymond E. Feist
The Wars of Light and Shadow
- Arc I
- Curse of the Mistwraith (1993)
- Arc II
- Arc III: Alliance of Light
- Arc IV: Sword of the Canon
- Arc V: Song of the Mysteries
- Song of the Mysteries (TBA)
- That Way Lies Camelot (1994)
- "Silverdown's Gold" (1991) appeared in"Horse Fantastic"
- "Blood, Oak, Iron" (2004) appeared in Flights: Extreme Visions of Fantasy
- "Child of Prophecy" (2004) appeared in Masters of Fantasy (A Wars of Light and Shadow Short Story)
- "Watchfire" (2004) with Raymond E. Feist, appeared in Flights: Extreme Visions of Fantasy
- "Last of Her Kind" (2005) appeared in Fantastic Companions
- "Finder's Keeper" (2006) appeared in Fantasy Gone Wrong
- "Moebius Trip" (2006) appeared in Elemental: The Tsunami Relief Anthology: Stories of Science Fiction and Fantasy
- "Sundering Star" (2006) appeared in Under Cover of Darkness (A Wars of Light and Shadow Short Story)
- "Reins of Destiny" (2007) appeared in The Solaris Book of New Fantasy (A Wars of Light and Shadow Short Story)
- "The Decoy" (2016) appeared in Unfettered II (A Wars of Light and Shadow Short Story)
- "The Gallant" (2018) appeared in Secrets & Spells: 6 Fantasy Novels (A Wars of Light and Shadow prequel)
- Cover art and map art for The Company War, a 1983 board game from Mayfair Games based on the novel Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh
Janny Wurts also painted the cover art for her US and international books. Her paintings have been showcased in numerous exhibitions and have won several Chesley awards.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2011-03-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Lunacat.net - Science Fiction & Fantasy Books - Authors - Janny Wurts Archived 2012-08-04 at Archive.today
- Official website
- Janny Wurts Chat Area (contains teasers)
- Janny Wurts at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database