|Born||29 July 1958 |
|Education||University of Groningen|
|Occupation||Psychologist and cognitive science expert|
|Organization||Franz Inc. (CEO)|
Jannes "Jans" Aasman (born 1958) is a Dutch psychologist and Cognitive Science expert. He is also the CEO of Franz Inc, an early innovator in Artificial Intelligence and provider of Semantic Graph Databases and Analytics. He is a frequent speaker within the Database and Semantic Technology industries and has authored multiple research papers and bylines on the subject.
Study and career
Aasman studied experimental and cognitive psychology at the University of Groningen. His area of study included Psychophysiology and Cognitive Psychology. Aasman spent a major part of his professional life in telecommunications research, applied Artificial Intelligence projects and intelligent user interfaces. He gathered patents in the areas of speech technology, recommendation engines, multimodal user interaction systems while developing precursor technology for the iPad and Siri from 1995 to 2004. Prior to joining Franz Inc., Aasman worked as a professor in the Industrial Design department of the Technical University of Delft and for TNO Research. He also worked as a researcher at the Traffic Research Center of the University of Groningen, visiting Scientist at the Computer Science Department of Carnegie Mellon University and as a Senior Scientist for KPN Research.
- Jannes Aasman at the Album Promotorum site, Library of the University of Groningen.
- chairs, general; Data), Roberto Baldoni ; [sponsored by SIGMOD (ACM Special Interest Group on Management of; --, SIGSOFT (ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering)]. (2008). Proceedings of the second International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems : July 1-4, 2008, Rome, Italie. New York, N.Y.: ACM Press. ISBN 978-1-60558-090-6. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- Semantic Universe (4 May 2010). "The Pfizer IDEA project: An Interview with Franz' Jans Aasman and IO Informatics' Robert Stanley". dataversity.net. Dataversity. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- Jennifer Bresnick (8 September 2015). "Semantic Big Data Lakes Can Support Better Population Health". Healthit Analytics. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- Alex Woodie (26 August 2015). "Medical Insight Set to Flow from Semantic Data Lakes". Datanami. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- The DBLP team. "Jans Aasman -Bibliography". Trier University. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Jans Aasman a brief bio". Franz Lisp. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|