Janusz Wojciechowski (born 6 December 1954 in Rawa Mazowiecka) is a Polish politician and Member of the European Parliament, elected from the Lodz Voivodship representing the Polish People's Party (PSL) (2004–2006), the Polish People's Party "Piast" (PSL "Piast") (2006–2010) and, presently, Law and Justice (since 2010).
Wojciechowski was a Member of the Bureau of the European People's Party (EPP) from 2004–2006 and is vice-chair of the European Parliament's Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development. Wojciechowski was dismissed from his PSL party following his decision to leave the EPP for the Union for Europe of the Nations EU parliamentary grouping. Wojciechowski is a substitute for the Committee on Budgetary Control and a member of the Delegation to the EU-Kazakhstan, EU-Kyrgyzstan and EU-Uzbekistan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees, and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia.
He ran on the Law and Justice list in the 2009 election, despite not being a party member. In November 2010, he joined Law and Justice.
- 1977: Master of Law, University of Łódz
- 1977–1980: Articled to the public prosecutor
- 1980–1993: Judge on the district court of Rawa Mazowiecka, judge on the provincial court of Skierniewice, judge on the appellate court of Warsaw
- 1995–2001: President of the Supreme Chamber of Control
- 1993–1995, 2001–2004: Member of Parliament of the Polish Republic
- 1994–1995: Under-secretary of State at the Cabinet Office for legislative affairs
- 2001–2004: Vice-marshal of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland, Chairman of the Codifying Changes Committee
- 2003-2002: Member of the Chief Executive Committee of the Polish People's Party (PSL)
- 2004–2005: Chairman PSL
- 2003–2004: Observer to the EP
- 1995–1999: Member of the Administration of EUROSAI – European Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions
- 2016: became famous when suggested on his blog to arrest the chairman of Polish Constitutional Tribunal for not following instructions from Mr. Wojciechowski's mother political party
- Personal profile of Janusz Wojciechowski in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Polish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Poland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|