Janvier South or Janvier is a hamlet in northern Alberta, Canada within the Regional Municipality (R.M.) of Wood Buffalo. The hamlet's official name is Janvier South according to Alberta Municipal Affairs. However, it is more commonly known and referred to as Janvier by the R.M. of Wood Buffalo and its residents. It is further alternately known as Chard.
Janvier South (aka Janvier or Chard) is located 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) northeast of Highway 881, approximately 94 kilometres (58 mi) southeast of Fort McMurray and 45 kilometres (28 mi) west of the Saskatchewan border.
The population of Janvier in 2012 was 171 according to a municipal census conducted by the R.M of Wood Buffalo.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Janvier South had a population of 104 living in 41 of its 55 total dwellings, compared to its reported 2006 population of 0. With a land area of 5.12 km2 (1.98 sq mi), it had a population density of 20.31/km2 (52.61/sq mi) in 2011.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2009-09-20). "Communities Within Specialized and Rural Municipalities" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo. "Community of Janvier". Retrieved January 12, 2010.
- "Municipal Census 2012: Count Yourself In!" (PDF). Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. p. 24. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
|This Northern Alberta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|