Japan Air Commuter
|Founded||July 1, 1983|
Osaka International Airport
|Focus cities||Amami Airport
|Frequent-flyer program||JAL Mileage Bank|
|Parent company||Japan Air Commuter Co. Ltd.|
|Headquarters||Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan|
|Key people||Kato Hiroki, President|
|Employees||455 (September, 2016)|
Japan Air Commuter Co., Ltd. (日本エアコミューター株式会社? Nihon Ea Komyūtā Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese airline based in Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture. It operates feeder services in support of Japan Airlines. Its main base is Kagoshima Airport, with hubs at Osaka International Airport, Amami Airport and Fukuoka Airport.
The airline was established on 1 July 1983 and started operations in December 1983. A joint investment plan with public and private investors in fourteen Kagoshima Prefecture municipalities established Japan Air Commuter. At the time JAC was an affiliate of Toa Domestic Airlines, later known as Japan Air System. In the 1990s JAC had its headquarters in the Kagoshima Airport Building Annex in Mizobe, Aira District, Kagoshima Prefecture.
Japan Air System later merged into Japan Airlines. Japan Air Commuter has 455 employees (September 2016) and is owned by Japan Airlines (60%) and 12 local municipalities of the Amami Islands and Kagoshima (40%).
Japan Air Commuter operates to the following destinations (as of December 2016):
- Kagoshima Prefecture
- Chūgoku region
- Kansai region
- Fukuoka Prefecture
- Kagoshima Prefecture
- Miyazaki Prefecture
- Ōita Prefecture
|Bombardier Dash 8 Q400||9||0||74|
Japan Air Commuter has previously operated the following aircraft:
|Aircraft||Years of operations|
|Dornier Do 228||1983-1995|
- "会社概要." Japan Air Commuter. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 96.
- "COMPANY INFORMATION." Japan Air System.
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. March 23–29, 1994. "Japan Air System" 95.
- Route Map," Japan Air Commuter
- "Japan Air Commuter Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- Dash 8 seats configuration
- Saab 340B seats configuration
- Press release from 2015/06/15 about decision to introduce ATR42-600 (Japanese)
- "Shimojijima Airport," Okinawa Prefecture
- "Gallery" (November 7, 1996). Japan Air System.
- JAC operating history
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Japan Air Commuter.|