Japan Cycling Federation
The Japan Cycling Federation (in Japanese: 日本自転車競技連盟), abbreviated to JCF is the national governing body of cycle racing in Japan. It was established in 1995 to cover both amateur and professional cycle racing.
- 1908 - Japan's first cycling umbrella organization, the "Tokyo Wheel Association" was established.
- 1931 - The first full cycling championships (the Amateur Cycling Championships) was held in Osaka.
- 1934 - Umbrella organization for amateur sport, "Japan Cycle Sports Federation" was established.
- 1936 - Became UCI member, renamed "Japanese Bicycle Federation".
- 1943 - Bicycle Federation absorbed into "Japan Olympic Committee Bicycle Committee".
- 1945 - Japanese Bicycle Federation reformed.
- 1948 - Racing started.
- 1949 - Japanese Bicycle Federation renamed to "Japan Cycling Federation" (JKR), and re-joins UCI. Japan Amateur Sports Association rules will not be responsible for the Pro League.
- 1957 - Japanese Cycling Federation (FJC: Federation Japonaise du Cyclisme) was established. UCI member. The traditional Japanese Cycling Federation reorganised into "Japanese Amateur Cycling Federation" (JACF). "Japan Professional Cycling Federation" (JPCF) founded. Both groups part of FJC. Cycling World Championships hosted.
- 1965 - Following International Olympic Committee (IOC) recommendations, UCI umbrella "International Amateur Cycling Federation (FIAC)" and "International Professional Cycling Federation (FICP)" were established. The Japanese amateur and professional cycling federations affiliated themselves respectively. FJC took the role of representation to other international organizations.
- 1975 - Japanese Amateur Cycling Federation separated.
- 1988 - FJC dissolved.
- 1992 - FIAC/FICP remerged into UCI.
- 1995 - Japanese Amateur Cycling Federation and Japanese Professional Cycling Federation merge, "Japan Cycling Federation" (JCF) launched.
- 1996 - World Masters Championships hosted.
- 1998 - First Japanese National Cycling Championships held (Japan's national open championship).
- 2012 march 22 - "Japan Cycling Federation" started to survey the problem of "nalsimafrend racing team".
(The problem of "nalsimafrend racing team" : Members of a team which belongs to a bicycle shop called "narusimafrend" threw a cat too high,took this photo, and added it to member's blog.This terrible news was spread by jp.msn.com, searchina.ne.jp, and rocketnews24.com)
|This article about a cycling-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|