Japan Post Bank
|Founded||1 September 2006|
|Koji Furukawa (Chairman and CEO), |
Syokichi Takagi (President and COO)
|Total assets||JPY 196 trillion (March 31, 2012)|
|Total equity||JPY 9.8 trillion (March 31, 2012)|
Number of employees
|12,796 (March 31, 2012)|
|Parent||Japan Post Holdings|
Japan Post Bank Co., Ltd. (株式会社ゆうちょ銀行 Kabushiki-gaisha Yū-cho Ginkō, commonly abbreviated to ゆうちょ銀行 (Yū-cho Ginkō)), is a Japanese bank headquartered in Tokyo. It is part of the Japan Post Holdings group.
On November 4, 2015, Japan Post Bank (TYO: 7182) was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange as part of a "triple IPO" (Initial Public Offering) with shares offered as well in Japan Post Holdings (TYO: 6178) and in Japan Post Insurance (TYO: 7181). About 10% of the shares in each company was offered.
Prior to 2009, Japan Post was not connected to the Japanese Bankers Association (Zenginkyo) payment processing network, making it impossible to wire money directly between Japan Post and most other Japanese banks. Japan Post Bank joined the network in January 2009 and became a full JBA member in October 2011.
Unlike most commercial banks, Japan Post Bank is primarily a savings institution. Its only loan products are overdraft lines secured by time deposits and Japanese government bonds on deposit with the bank.
Japan Post Bank offers a nationwide ATM network which can be used to withdraw money with international bank cards and credit cards. Japan Post Bank has a contract with Standard Chartered Bank to facilitate wire-transfer remittances of funds internationally.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Index of Postal Freedom: Japan". Consumer Postal Council. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- Finbarr Flynn and Shingo Kawamoto (27 November 2008). "Japan Post Bank Reports 150.1 Billion Yen Half-Year Profit". Bloomberg. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Japan Post firms make bumper debut after $12 billion triple IPO". Reuters. November 4, 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Corporate Profile". Japan Post Bank website. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- Japan Post Bank (in English)
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|