Jarabulus District (Arabic: جرابلس Ğarābulus, Turkish: Cerablus) is a district (mantiqah) administratively belonging to Aleppo Governorate, Syria. At the 2004 Census it had a population of 58,889. Its administrative centre is the city of Jarabulus.
The Euphrates river enters Syria in Jarabulus.
The district of Jarabulus is divided into two sub-districts or Nāḥiyas (population according to 2004 official census):
- Jarabulus Nahiyah (ناحية جرابلس): population 41,575.
- Ghandoura Nahiyah (ناحية غندورة): population 17,314.
- van Wilgenburg, Wladimir. "Kurdish Strategy Towards Ethnically-Mixed Areas in the Syrian Conflict". Terrorism Monitor Volume: 11 Issue: 23. The Jamestown Foundation. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Khalifa, Mustafa. "The impossible partition of Syria" (PDF). Thematic Studies. Arab Reform Initiative. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- SURİYE’DE GÜVENLİ BÖLGE TARTIŞMALARI: TÜRKİYE AÇISINDAN RİSKLER, FIRSATLAR VE SENARYOLAR (PDF) (in Turkish, English, and Arabic). ORTADOĞU STRATEJİK ARAŞTIRMALAR MERKEZİ. 2012. ISBN 978-605-4615-10-0. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Jarabulus nahiyah population
- Ghandoura nahiyah population
|This article about a location in Aleppo Governorate, Syria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|