The town's modernist Mehtab Mosque
|Elevation||184 m (604 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
It is located at 31°20'0N 73°26'0E with an altitude of 184 meters (606 feet). It is 35 km south east from Faisalabad and 110 km from Lahore. The city serves as the headquarters of Jaranwala Tehsil, an administrative subdivision of the district.
Jaranwala originates its name from a Bohar (Oak) tree known as Jaranwala Bohar. Jaranwala is combination of two Punjabi words; Jaran and Wala, where Jaran means roots and Wala means place. Bohar tree has huge long roots spread underground and sometime over the surface. Once, this tree was positioned at the bank of a pond near Chak No. 240 GB, in the premises of Jaranwala. Later, the Chak became familiar and these days known as Jaranwala.
Bhagat Singh who was influential in the Indian independence movement born in Chak 105 GB now part of Jaranwala, Faisalabad. There is a beautiful 50 years old gate, named Pakistan Gate, in front of Rail Bazaar in Jaranwala which was later on rebuild and redisgn by town nazim Muhammad Akram Chaudhary.
Jaranwala has fertile land. It produces crops like rice, wheat, sugarcane, vegetables and fruits. Jaranwala grain market is one of the busiest markets in Punjab. It is also the biggest consumer of fertilizers by volume in Pakistan. Jaranwala has one sugar mill known as "Husein Sugar mills".
- Jaranwala railway station
- Punj Pulla railway station
- Chak 353 GB Kot Baqer
- Chak 382 GB Sarwarwali
- Chak 236 GB Kilanwala Shorkot–Sheikhupura Branch Line Railway Station Kot Daya Kishan
- Chak 94 GB Shankar
- "POPULATION AND HOUSEHOLD DETAIL FROM BLOCK TO DISTRICT LEVEL: PUNJAB (FAISALABAD DISTRICT)" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- Towns & Unions in the City District of Faisalabad - Government of the Pakistan Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "Home :: Husein Sugar Mills Limited". www.huseinsugarmills.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
|This article about a location in Faisalabad District, Punjab, Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|