Jardines del Rey Airport
|Jardines del Rey International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional de Jardines del Rey
|IATA: CCC – ICAO: MUCC|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
|Website||Jardines del Rey Airport|
Jardines del Rey Airport (IATA: CCC, ICAO: MUCC) is an airport situated on the Island of Cayo Coco, in the Ciego de Ávila Province, Cuba. The airport was inaugurated on December 26, 2002, replacing the earlier Cayo Coco Airport 10 km (6.2 mi) to the west. The airport is the only one in Cuba that has a shared administration with Aena, a Spanish company that manages 47 airports in Spain, twelve in Mexico and three in Colombia. Thousands of Canadian and European holiday makers pass through the airport every year. The airport serves holiday makers bound to both Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
- VIP Lounges: The Airport has two VIP lounges, one belonging to Cubana de Aviación. The lounges provide tea/coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, snack bar, restaurant, TV, video, magazines/newspapers, check-in at class-differentiated counters, immigration and onboard control and flight information.
- Bank office: The airport has a bank office that is open 24 hours a day. This is the only office in the Keys that offers bank service on weekends.
- Shop: The airport has two duty-free shops and one point of sale for books and music in the international departures area as well as a point of sale of drinks and cigars, in the check-in area.
- Snack bar and restaurant.
- Nursery: At the disposal of the clients, there is a free service of nursery school, equipped with toys and attended by personnel of the airport.
Communications and access
By road: Access to the Jardines del Rey Airport is by a highway that links the tourist destination with the rest of the country. The island is connected to the mainland by a 17 km (11 mi) causeway that starts from Turiguanó (to 40 km (25 mi) from the airport).
The travel times by highway are:
There is no regular bus route that links the mentioned cities to the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Aero Caribbean||Havana, Holguín|
|Aerogaviota||Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Varadero|
|Air Canada||Seasonal: Halifax, Ottawa|
|Air Canada Rouge||Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
Seasonal: Hamilton (ON), Québec City, Toronto–Pearson
|Blue Panorama Airlines||Seasonal: Milan–Malpensa|
|Cubana de Aviación||Buenos Aires–Ezeiza, Havana
|EuroAtlantic Airways||Seasonal charter: Lisbon|
|Sunwing Airlines||Edmonton, Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson
Seasonal: Calgary, Halifax, Moncton, Ottawa, Québec City, Saskatoon, Winnipeg
|Thomas Cook Airlines||Manchester (UK)
Seasonal: Glasgow–International, London–Gatwick
|This article about a Caribbean airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Cuban location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|