Jared Emerson-Johnson conducting a recording session at AudioSFX.
|Birth name||Jared Nathaniel Emerson-Johnson|
|Born||October 13, 1981|
|Origin||San Francisco, California|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, voice actor, sound designer, voice director|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, violin, mandolin|
|Website||Bay Area Sound|
Jared Nathaniel Emerson-Johnson (born October 13, 1981) is an American video game music composer, sound designer, voice director and voice actor. Emerson-Johnson is the Music Supervisor and lead composer at Bay Area Sound, an audio production company specializing in sound design, music and voiceover for video games.
- 1 Career
- 2 Discography
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Jared began his career as an assistant to composer Clint Bajakian on the score for LucasArts' Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. Emerson-Johnson has also worked as a sound designer for projects, including James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Psychonauts. More recently, Emerson-Johnson was the composer behind the video games produced by Telltale Games, such as Bone, Sam & Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Poker Night at the Inventory, Back to the Future: The Game, Jurassic Park: The Game, The Walking Dead (video game), The Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones (2014 video game).
In 2004, Emerson-Johnson received the Game Audio Network Guild's "Rookie of the Year" award. Jared's score, voice direction, and sound design for Telltale Games' 'Bone: The Great Cow Race were finalists for the 2007 Independent Games Festival. His score for Telltale Games' Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space was also a finalist for Best Original Score in the 2008 IGN PC Awards. He shares an AdventureGamers.com 2009 Aggie award for best voice acting for his work on Tales of Monkey Island.
His 2013 B.A.F.T.A. nominated score to The Walking Dead has eclipsed much of his earlier work and has shown him to be a composer of tremendous versatility.
Video game soundtracks
- The Bard's Tale (2004)
- Bone: Out from Boneville (2005)
- America's Army: Rise of a Soldier (2005)
- Bone: The Great Cow Race (2006)
- Sam & Max Save the World (2006–2007)
- Alien Syndrome (2007)
- Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (2007–2008)
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (2008)
- Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (2009)
- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (2010)
- Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (2010)
- Poker Night at the Inventory (2010)
- Back to the Future: The Game (2010-2011)
- Puzzle Agent 2 (2011)
- Jurassic Park: The Game (2011)
- Double Fine Happy Action Theater (2012)
- The Walking Dead (video game) (2012)
- Poker Night 2 (2013)
- The Wolf Among Us (2013)
- The Walking Dead: Season Two (2013)
- Tales from the Borderlands (2014)
- Game of Thrones (video game) (2014)
- The Walking Dead: Michonne (2016)
- Batman: The Telltale Series (2016)
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (2017)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (2017)
- Mr. Lux At Your Service (2008)
- YouTube Presents: The Birds and the Biz (2008)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-05-17. Retrieved 2006-05-17.
|2013||The Walking Dead||Best Original Music||Nominated|
|2014||The Wolf Among Us||Best Audio||Nominated|
Game Audio Network Guild Awards
|2015||The Walking Dead: Season Two||Best Dialog||Nominated|
|2013||The Walking Dead||Best Dialog||Won|
|2012||Star Wars: The Old Republic||Best Soundtrack Album||Won|
|2004||LeapFrog Leapster: SpongeBob SquarePants||Best Audio - Other||Won|
|2004||n/a||Rookie of the Year||Won|
Game Music Online Annual Game Music Awards
|2015||The Walking Dead Season Two||Outstanding Achievement – Cinematic Music||Nominated|
|2015||The Walking Dead Season Two||Outstanding Achievement – Voice Dialogue||Nominated|
|2015||n/a||Outstanding Contribution – Western Composer||Nominated|
|2007||Bone: The Great Cow Race||Excellence in Audio||Nominated|
|2014||The Wolf Among Us||Best Audio||Nominated|
|2014||The Wolf Among Us||Best Music||Nominated|
|2012||The Walking Dead||Best Music||Nominated|
|2011||Back to the Future: The Game||Best Music||Won|
|2010||Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse||Best Music (Reader's Choice)||Won|
|2009||Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures||Best Music||Nominated|
|2008||Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space||Best Music||Won|
- Constantinescu, Andrei (2009-12-12). "Jared Emerson-Johnson Interview". The Tales of Monkey Island Blog. LF Network, LLC. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Staff (2009-08-14). "Gabez does Bay Area Sound". The International House of Mojo. LF Network, LLC. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Staff (2007-06-24). "Jared Emerson-Johnson". Last.fm. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Van Zelfden, Alex (2007-06-26). "Playing it Cool: Sam & Max Swing a Record Deal". IGN. Archived from the original on 2011-05-14. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Greening, Chris (2014-12-30). "Annual Game Music Awards 2014 Nominations". Game Music Online. Retrieved 2015-02-11.