March 7, 1982 |
Atascadero, California, United States
|Other names||The Messenger|
|Residence||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||204.2 lb (93 kg; 14 st 8 lb)|
Light Heavyweight (2006-2011)
|Reach||75.0 in (191 cm)|
|Fighting out of||El Segundo, California, United States|
|Trainer||Vladimir Matyushenko, Henry Akins, Antoni Hardonk|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Jared Hamman (born March 7, 1982) is an American mixed martial artist that competes in the World Series of Fighting's Middleweight division. A professional competitor since 2006, he has also formerly competed for the UFC, Strikeforce and ShoXC.
Hamman is originally from Atascadero, California and was raised by his single mother along with his older brother, Loren. Hamman, who was expelled from a private school, later attended Atascadero High School where he was a standout athlete in football, swimming, track and field, and also competed in wrestling for one year. Hamman continued with football as a defensive end for the University of Redlands, winning All-Conference honors. He also worked as a teacher and an assistant coach before pursuing mixed martial arts.
Mixed martial arts career
Hamman began training in mixed martial arts when he was 22 years old at the Unbreakable Gym under Brian Warren in November 2005 and made his professional debut in 2006. He began training with Henry Akins, Antoni Hardonk, and Vladimir Matyushenko of Dynamix MMA in 2010. Hamman received national attention while fighting for the now-defunct EliteXC under their ShoXC banner on the cable network Showtime, most notably for a two-fight series against Po'ai Suganuma.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
After over a year out, Hamman faced Magnus Cedenblad on August 31, 2013 at UFC 164. He lost the fight via guillotine choke submission in the first round. After the loss, Hamman was released from the UFC.
World Series of Fighting
After over a year away from the sport, Hamman signed with the World Series of Fighting. He debuted for the company on October 11, 2014 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada against former The Ultimate Fighter Nations competitor Luke Harris. Hamman won the fight via TKO in the first round.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|20 matches||14 wins||6 losses|
|Win||14–6||Luke Harris||TKO (punches)||WSOF 14||October 11, 2014||1||2:27||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada||Returned to Light Heavyweight.|
|Loss||13–6||Magnus Cedenblad||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC 164||August 31, 2013||1||0:57||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||13–5||Michael Kuiper||TKO (punches)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||2||2:16||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||13–4||Costas Philippou||KO (punches)||UFC 140||December 10, 2011||1||3:11||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||13–3||CB Dollaway||TKO (punches)||UFC Live: Hardy vs. Lytle||August 14, 2011||2||3:38||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Middleweight debut.|
|Loss||12–3||Kyle Kingsbury||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs. Palhares||September 15, 2010||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||12–2||Rodney Wallace||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 111||March 27, 2010||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||11–2||Alexander Gustafsson||KO (punches)||UFC 105||November 14, 2009||1||0:41||Manchester, England|
|Win||11–1||Po'ai Suganuma||TKO (punches)||ShoXC: Hamman vs. Suganuma 2||August 15, 2008||1||2:34||Friant, California, United States|
|Win||10–1||Ibrahim Ibrahim||TKO (punches)||California Cage Championships||June 9, 2008||1||2:00||Maywood, California, United States|
|Loss||9–1||Po'ai Suganuma||KO (flying knee)||ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series||April 5, 2008||1||0:15||Friant, California, United States|
|Win||9–0||Aaron Rosa||Submission (rear-naked choke)||ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series||October 26, 2007||2||1:46||Santa Ynez, California, United States|
|Win||8–0||Travis Wiuff||KO (punches)||IFC: Global Domination 2||July 14, 2007||2||N/A||Marksville, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||7–0||Rogent Lloret||KO (punches)||IFC: Global Domination 2||July 14, 2007||2||N/A||Marksville, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||6–0||Paul Mince||TKO (punches)||Chaos in the Cage 2||April 6, 2007||2||0:20||San Bernardino, California, United States|
|Win||5–0||Rafael Real||Submission (armbar)||Beatdown in Bakersfield||November 17, 2006||1||1:41||Bakersfield, California, United States|
|Win||4–0||Ricardo Arrivabeive||TKO (punches)||Pangea Fights 2: Live MMA||August 18, 2006||2||2:14||Hollywood, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Randal Limond||TKO (punches)||California Xtreme Fighting 2||July 15, 2006||1||0:36||Upland, California, United States|
|Win||2–0||Scott Graham||TKO (punches)||Strikeforce: Revenge||June 9, 2006||2||1:36||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Ray Lizama||TKO (cut)||California Xtreme Fighting 1||April 29, 2006||2||N/A||Upland, California, United States|
- "Fighter Detail - Jared Hamman". UFC.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- UFC.com "Jared Hamman - More Than Just Heart" By Jordan Newmark August 10, 2011|Retrieved March 11th, 2016
- "Gustafsson vs. Hamman Likely For 105". MMA Unltd. Archived from the original on September 12, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 10, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Jared Hamman drops to middleweight, faces C.B. Dollaway at UFC on Versus 5". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "Jared Hamman vs. Costa Philippou added to UFC 140 in Toronto". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "Kyle Noke says he's fighting Jared Hamman at UFC on FX 2". mmajunkie.com. 1 January 2012. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012.
- "Kyle Noke gets new opponent for UFC on FX 2". mmaweekly.com.
- "Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper added to UFC 150 in Denver". mmajunkie.com. May 22, 2012. Archived from the original on May 24, 2012.
- John Petit (2013-06-18). "Magnus Cedenblad Now Faces Jared Hamman At UFC 164". fighters.com. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Trey Downey. "Jared Hamman: Contemplating Kickboxing After Injury Setback". The MMA Corner.
- Keith Grienke (2014-08-07). "Luke Harris to Fight Jared Hamman at WSOF 14". TopMMANews.com. Retrieved 2014-08-07.