McCann with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2019
May 31, 1996|
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13 st 5 lb)|
24th overall, 2014|
Jared McCann (born May 31, 1996) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward currently playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). McCann was selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the first round (24th overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, a pick acquired by Vancouver from the Anaheim Ducks in the 2014 Ryan Kesler trade. McCann was traded by the Canucks to the Florida Panthers in 2016. He was later traded to his current team, the Penguins, in 2019.
McCann was selected 4th overall in the 2012 OHL Priority Selection by the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.
Playing with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, McCann was recognized for his outstanding performance during the 2012–13 season when he was named to the OHL Second All-Rookie Team. McCann was also selected as a member of Team Ontario for the 2013 World U-17 Hockey Challenge. Following the 2012–13 season, McCann was named to Team Canada's National Men's Summer Under-18 team and he competed at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament to win the gold medal with Team Canada.
Following an impressive training camp, McCann was named to the Canucks' roster for the start of the 2015–16 season on October 5, 2015. He made his NHL debut on October 7, 2015 against the Calgary Flames. The following game, on October 10, he scored his first NHL goal against Jonas Hiller of the Calgary Flames in a 3–2 OT loss. He scored the first goal of the night. Alternate captain Daniel Sedin called it "a world-class shot."  On November 1, 2015 the Canucks announced that McCann and fellow rookie Jake Virtanen would remain in the NHL beyond their 9-game tryout period.
On October 25, 2017 McCann was placed on Injury Reserve due to a lower body injury he received in a game against the Washington Capitals, on October 21, in which he recorded his fifth point for the 2017–18 season. McCann returned to action on November 4, in a 5–4 loss to the New York Rangers.
On February 1, 2019, McCann was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins along with Nick Bjugstad in exchange for Derick Brassard, Riley Sheahan, a second- and fourth-round pick in 2019 and Minnesota's fourth-round pick in 2019.
On September 18, 2020, McCann signed a two-year, $5.88 million contract to remain with the Penguins. 
On April 29, 2019, McCann was named to his first Team Canada roster for the 2019 IIHF World Championship held in Slovakia. McCann helped Canada progress through to the playoff rounds before losing the final to Finland to finish with the Silver Medal on May 26, 2019. He finished the tournament with 2 goals and 5 points in 10 games.
Regular season and playoffs
|2012–13||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||64||21||23||44||35||1||0||0||0||0|
|2013–14||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||64||27||35||62||51||9||2||5||7||4|
|2014–15||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||56||34||47||81||27||14||6||10||16||12|
Awards and honours
|ALLIANCE Player of the Year||2012|||
|Second All-Rookie Team||2012–13|||
|CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game||2014|
- "OHL Draft 2012 Results and Commentary". TheHockeyWriters.com. July 6, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "2014 NHL Draft Prospects Haydn Fleury and Jared McCann". HockeyProspect.com. March 14, 2014. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "Connor McDavid is OHL rookie of the year". Ontario Hockey League. April 1, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Greyhound Jared McCann Headed to Slovakia". saultsports.com. July 19, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "NHL draft tracker: Jared McCann, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds". Yahoo! Sports. September 1, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "2014 NHL Draft: ISS Hockey's Top 15 players". hockeynow.ca. June 15, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Canucks sign center Jared McCann". Vancouver Canucks. July 24, 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Scouting the newbies". canucks.nhl.com. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "Gaudreau's OT goal gets Flames past Canucks". nhl.com. October 10, 2015. Retrieved October 10, 2015.
- "Stratford's Jared McCann scored his first NHL goal Saturday night against the Calgary Flames". Stratford Beacon Herald.com. October 11, 2015.
- "Kuzma: McCann, Virtanen get grilled — but make Canucks". www.theprovince.com. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Penguins make it five straight, edge Canucks". nhl.com. November 4, 2015. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Florida Panthers acquire Jared McCann and picks from Vancouver". Florida Panthers. May 25, 2016. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- "How do you do, Jared McCann?". SBNation. November 1, 2017.
- "Panthers' Jared McCann: Moves to IR". CBSSports. October 26, 2017.
- "Panthers' Jared McCann: Day-to-day with lower-body injury". CBSSports. October 22, 2017.
- DeFranks, Matthew (November 3, 2017). "Panthers hope to add three injured forwards back to lineup for game against Rangers". Sun Sentinel. Coral Springs. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- "New York Rangers v Panthers recap box score". nhl.com.
- "Brassard, Sheahan traded to Panthers by Penguins". National Hockey League. February 1, 2019. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- "McCann signs two-year contract to remain with Penguins". National Hockey League. September 18, 2020. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- "Hockey Canada names 22 players to 2019 IIHF World Championship roster". Hockey Canada. April 29, 2019. Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- "Finland defeats Canada for Gold Medal at World Championship". The Sports Network. May 26, 2019. Retrieved May 26, 2019.
- "2013 minor mideget players of the year". Ontario Hockey League. April 1, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "OHL Awards announced". BayShoreBroadcasting.ca. April 25, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Vancouver Canucks first round draft pick