Padalecki at Comic-Con in 2016
|Born||Jared Tristan Padalecki
July 19, 1982
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Genevieve Nicole Cortese (m. 2010)|
Jared Tristan Padalecki (born July 19, 1982) is an American actor. He grew up in Texas and rose to fame in the early 2000s after appearing on the television series Gilmore Girls as well as such films as New York Minute and House of Wax. Padalecki is best known for his role as Sam Winchester on Supernatural.
He was a 2000 candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program. In 1998, Padalecki and his partner Chris Cardenas won the National Forensic League national championship in Duo Interpretation. Although he had originally planned to attend the University of Texas after graduating from high school in 2000, Jared decided to move Los Angeles, California instead to pursue an acting career.
Padalecki won Fox Broadcasting's 1999 "Claim to Fame Contest"; he subsequently appeared at the Teen Choice Awards, where he met an agent. His first role was a minor role in the 1999 film A Little Inside. In 2000, he was cast as Dean Forester on the television series Gilmore Girls, a role he played until 2005. Throughout the early 2000s, he appeared in several made-for-television films, including Silent Witness, Close to Home, and the Disney Channel Original Movie A Ring of Endless Light.
Padalecki had an uncredited role as a high school bully in 2003's comedy Cheaper by the Dozen, which he played after being asked by fellow actor and friend Tom Welling, who played Charlie Baker, and the director of the movie, who wanted someone larger than Charlie to pick on him. Padalecki originally auditioned for Welling's role, but gave it up in order to film a pilot titled Young MacGyver which was never picked up.
In 2004, he appeared in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen comedy, New York Minute as Trey Lipton, a cute boy to whom the Olsens' characters are attracted. He also landed a short role in the thriller Flight of the Phoenix alongside Dennis Quaid and Hugh Laurie. In 2005, Padalecki starred opposite Elisha Cuthbert, Chad Michael Murray and Paris Hilton in House of Wax as Wade. In 2005, he appeared in Cry Wolf, another horror film, as Tom.
That same year, Padalecki was cast as Sam Winchester on the WB series, Supernatural. Sam and his brother Dean (Jensen Ackles) drive throughout the United States hunting paranormal predators, fighting demons and angels, and dealing with all manner of fantasy & sci-fi genre. The show is currently in its twelfth season on the CW. It owns the title of the longest-running North American sci-fi series in history.
Padalecki married former Supernatural guest star Genevieve Cortese (who played the demon Ruby during the show's fourth season) on February 27, 2010 in Sun Valley, Idaho. The couple resides in Austin, Texas with their two sons. The couple is expecting their third child, due in March 2017.
Always Keep Fighting
In March 2015, Padalecki launched his Always Keep Fighting campaign through Represent.com. His first campaign raised funds for To Write Love On Her Arms, which supports people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. The cause is particularly close to Padalecki, who has been candid about his own struggles with depression. For the second campaign in the Always Keep Fighting series in April 2015, Padalecki partnered with co-star Jensen Ackles to release a shirt featuring both of their faces, to benefit their newly formed joint charitable fund. Over 70,000 shirts were sold. Most recently, Padalecki launched a third campaign selling a further 40,000 shirts.
During San Diego Comic-Con International 2015, more than 6,000 fans surprised Padalecki at the Supernatural panel by holding up candles for him, after having revealed his battle with depression earlier in the year.
|1999||Little Inside, AA Little Inside||Matt Nelson|
|2003||Cheaper by the Dozen||High School Bully||Uncredited|
|2004||New York Minute||Trey Lipton|
|2004||Flight of the Phoenix||John Davis|
|2005||House of Wax||Wade|
|2007||House of Fears||J.P.||Uncredited|
|2008||Christmas Cottage||Thomas Kinkade|
|2009||Friday the 13th||Clay Miller|
|2000||Silent Witness||Sam||TV movie|
|2000–2005||Gilmore Girls||Dean Forester||Recurring (season 1, 4 & 5)
Main cast (season 2–3): 63 episodes
|2001||ER||Paul Harris||Episode: "Piece of Mind"|
|2002||Ring of Endless Light, AA Ring of Endless Light||Zachery Gray||TV movie|
|2003||Young MacGyver||Clay MacGyver||"Pilot"; never picked up|
|2005–present||Supernatural||Sam Winchester||Lead Role|
|2007||Room 401||Himself||Cancelled after 8 episodes|
|2011||Supernatural: The Anime Series||Sam Winchester||Voice role, 22 episodes|
|2016||Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life||Dean Forester||Episode: "Fall"|
Awards and nominations
- "Jared Padalecki biography". TV Guide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Jared Padalecki Biography". FilmReference.com.
- "Jared Padalecki interview". The Bonnie Hunt Show. February 10, 2009.
- "Schwan Duo Interpretation" (PDF). The H.B. Mitchell Trophy. National Forensic League. p. 5. Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- "Teen Choice Awards". supernaturalwiki.com.
- "Interview with Bonnie Hunt".
- Keith, Amy Elisa (November 29, 2005). 26334,1133515,00.html "Celebrity Q&A: Jared Padalecki" Check
|url=value (help). People Magazine. Time-Warner. Retrieved 2006-11-29.
- "Room 401: Cast Bios".
- "Friday the 13th: Jared Padalecki". SuicideGirls.com. January 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Godwin, Jennifer, Jared Padalecki and Genevieve Cortese Are Engaged, EOnline.com, January 6, 2010; accessed February 14, 2009.
- Kubicek, John, Notes from the Supernatural 100th episode party, BuddyTV.com; February 2, 2010.
Quote: "Jared Padalecki talking sweetly about his recent engagement to former co-star Genevieve Cortese"; accessed February 14, 2010.
- JAKLE, Jeanne. "Hollywood Stars Love the Spurs Too". My San Antonio: San Antonio's Home Page. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "How Jared Padalecki's 'Always Keep Fighting' Helped This Fan Battle Depression". MTV News.
- "Jared & Jensen Always Keep Fighting - Represent". represent.com.
- "Supernatural: Jensen Ackles on the Finale and His Charity with Jared Padalecki : People.com". PEOPLE.com.
- "Jared Padelecki's Love Yourself First Hoodie - Represent". represent.com.
- "Fans Support Jared Padalecki's Fight Against Depression With Incredibly Moving Comic-Con Tribute". Entertainment Tonight.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jared Padalecki.|