Pelletier on a media photo shoot in 2011
|Born||29 November 1990|
Pelletier was born and raised in Aurora, Ontario, where he attended Cardinal Carter Catholic High School. In 2008, he graduated high school and attended Brock University studying Sport Management. Interested in film-making since the age of 6, he left the university to focus on it. In August 2010, he graduated from the Toronto Film and Media College. He has also studied business and law in entertainment by correspondence through the University of California Los Angeles.
Pelletier's first success came in 2009 when he was 18, with a shortlist at the Cannes Film Festival for The Collision. In March 2011 his World War II epic In the Hearts of Men took Best Director, Best Film, Best Cinematography, and Best Editing awards at an American film festival, the Arizona Film and Media Expo.
Soon after filming In the Hearts of Men, he moved on to Halo: Faith, based on the Halo series of games, which has generated a wide viral following. In April 2011 he signed with Los Angeles-based Machinima.com. The YoungCuts Film Festival announced that his next project would be Bioshock, for a 2013 release. The first Bioshock trailer was released on 25 November 2011.
In October 2012, Pelletier completed principal photography on his first major series through the Machinima deal titled Omega.
Pelletier's short film The Collision was shortlisted at the Cannes Film Festival in 2009, when he was 18. In March 2011, his World War II piece In the Hearts of Men swept all major production awards at the Arizona Film and Media Expo, including Best Director, Best Film, Best Editing, along with Best Cinematography for director of photography Erik Tallek.
- "Jared Pelletier - Biography". IMDB. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- Martin, Simon (1 November 2012). "Writer". Era Banner, Banner. Retrieved 6 November 2012. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "YRMG.com" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Pearce, Sean (16 March 2011). "Filmmaker's latest effort nets top honours at festival". YorkRegion.com. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- Grimaldi, Jeremy (9 November 2011). "Video game inspires movie maker". YorkRegion.com. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Smith, Liz (2 November 2011). "Local film-maker to direct Halo film". The Cord. Wilfrid Laurier University. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- The Entertainment Corner: Halo: Faith Not Just Another YouTube Fan Film
- The Entertainment Corner: Who to be watching behind the camera: Jared Pelletier
- "'In the Hearts of Men' Takes Top Honors at AZFAME Film Festival". It's Just Movies. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- HALO: FAITH Fan Film Poster and Teaser Image - News - GeekTyrant
- nerdbastards.com | Halo’s New FanFic Is A Nerds Wet Dream..Teaser Indeed!
- YoungCuts Film Festival (outdated link)
- Neltz, Andras. "Classic Call of Duty Makes Quite an Emotional Fan Film". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 7 October 2013.