|Full name||Jared Petrenko|
|Date of birth||22 December 1989|
|Place of birth||South Australia, Australia|
|Original team||Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL)|
25th overall, 2008 Rookie Draft
|Height/Weight||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) / 81kg|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / Foward|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2014 season.
After being elevated from the rookie list and being named as an emergency towards the end of 2008, Petrenko was elevated to the senior list permanently for the next season and made his AFL debut against Collingwood in round 1. He was in and out of the senior team during the season, impressing with his pace and ferocious tackling.
Despite growing up in South Australia, Petrenko was a passionate St Kilda supporter and was hopeful of being drafted by the Saints before ultimately being chosen by the Crows.
Petrenko inspired a segment on Nova 919 radio show 'Maz, Dan & Shane' entitled "Dudesday Tuesday" on Tuesday the 18th of September, 2012. The segment asked listeners to call and tell the presenters about the times that they have "done a Petrenko".
In February 2015, Petrenko was given a short-term contract by Essendon to play in the 2015 NAB Challenge as a "top-up" player, due to 26 Essendon players withdrawing from the NAB Challenge because of the ongoing Essendon Football Club supplements controversy.
Petrenko grew up in Henley Beach, attended Henley High and supported the St Kilda Football Club in the AFL.
- "Keeping the faith". AFL.com.au. 2007-11-27.
- "Crows forward Jason Porplyzia quits, two more delisted". Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Twomey, Callum. "Bombers confirm five top-up players for NAB Challenge". afl.com.au. AFL. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Tears and triumph: it's tough being a draftee
- AFL Record. Round 9, 2009. Slattery Publishing. pg 75.
- Jared Petrenko's profile on the official website of the Adelaide Football Club
- Jared Petrenko's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|