Polec playing for Port Adelaide in June 2017
|Full name||Jared Polec|
|Date of birth||12 October 1992|
|Place of birth||South Australia, Australia|
|Original team(s)||Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 5, 2010 national draft|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||81 kg (179 lb)|
|Current club||North Melbourne|
|2011–2013||Brisbane Lions||16 (9)|
|2014–2018||Port Adelaide||90 (46)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Of Polish descent, Polec is an outside midfielder who, prior to being drafted, played senior football with Woodville West Torrens and was a key player in their 2010 finals series. Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden described Polec as being "as good a junior as I've seen come through the system" and praised him for his skill, composure and work ethic.
Brisbane Lions (2011–2013)
Polec was selected in the initial extended squad for the Lions in round 2 in the 2011 season, but was left out of the final team. He made his AFL debut against Melbourne in round 3. In his first three seasons at Brisbane, he played in sixteen games. In September 2013, Polec requested a trade to a South Australian team, and in October, he nominated Port Adelaide as his preferred club of destination.
Port Adelaide (2014–2018)
2015 was not to be for Polec, suffering a stress reaction in his foot which developed into a navicular fracture, forcing him out for the season. In early 2016, scans cleared Polec of the fracture and he was declared fit to resume full training. On 13 September 2018, Polec advised Port Adelaide that he wished to be traded to North Melbourne.
North Melbourne (2019–present)
- "Lions's last gasp call on Polec". AFL.com.au. 19 November 2010. Archived from the original on 21 November 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2009.
- "Jared Polec the complete package". Herald Sun. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "Polec named for AFL debut". lions.com.au. 8 April 2011. Archived from the original on 11 April 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- "Deal Done: Port gets its man in complex trade". portadelaidefc.com.au. 24 October 2011. Archived from the original on 27 October 2013.
- Dampney, James (3 May 2014). "Powering on: Polec shines as Giants wilt". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Thring, Harry (7 May 2015). "Port finally forced to pull the pin on Polec". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Homfray, Reece (3 January 2016). "Power buoyed by Jared Polec upping the ante at pre-season training". The Advertiser. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "North trade doubles Power". nmfc.com.au. 10 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jared Polec.|
- Jared Polec's playing statistics from AFL Tables