|Birth name||Jared Slingerland|
January 16, 1984 |
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
|Genres||Electronic, industrial metal, punk rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, Programming, Keyboards|
|Labels||Metropolis, Nettwerk Records|
|Associated acts||Front Line Assembly
Jared Slingerland (born January 16, 1984) is a Canadian guitarist and electronic musician based in Vancouver, British Columbia. He is best known as a member of the electro-industrial band Front Line Assembly (FLA).
Slingerland was born in Kelowna, British Columbia, where his father (Glen Slingerland) was a local radio announcer on CKIQ. The family relocated to Calgary, Alberta shortly after his birth, when his father secured an on-air position at CHR radio station (AM106). During his childhood in Calgary, Slingerland attended his first music concert, featuring Canadian band Barenaked Ladies.
After eleven years in Calgary, the family relocated to the Metro Vancouver (Abbotsford, BC) area. Slingerland began playing various instruments[example needed] in his early teen years, ultimately excelling with the guitar. In his late teenage years, Slingerland formed a goth nu metal project, called Ms. Anne Thropy. Producer Jeremy Inkel later joined the project and the two worked together in his home studio. Shortly thereafter, Ms. Anne Thropy disbanded. Inkel and Slingerland continued to write music together for various projects (including a trip hop project).
In early 2004, Left Spine Down asked Slingerland to join the fold. In late 2005, he began working with Front Line Assembly in the studio and was eventually asked to tour with the band in support of the Artificial Soldier album. After leaving Left Spine Down in 2008, Slingerland continues to tour North America and Europe extensively as well as contributing writing/production for such albums as Improvised Electronic Device, AirMech, Echogenetic and more.
- Front Line Assembly - Artificial Soldier (2006, Metropolis)
- Front Line Assembly - Fall Out (2007, Metropolis)
- Left Spine Down - Fighting for Voltage (2008, Synthetic Sounds)
- Front Line Assembly - Improvised Electronic Device (2010, Dependent Records / Metropolis)
- Delerium - Music Box Opera (2012, Nettwerk)
- Front Line Assembly - AirMech Soundtrack (2012, Valve / Steamworks)
- Front Line Assembly - Echogenetic (2013, Dependent Records / Metropolis)
- Phildel - The Glass Ghost (2014 Decca Records)
- Delerium - Rarities & B-Sides (2015 Nettwerk)
- Delerium - Mythologie (2016 Metropolis)
- Left Spine Down - Smart Bomb (EP) (2007, Synthetic Sounds)
- Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight to Video: The Remixes (2006, Metropolis)
- "Tribute to Our Boss, Glen Slingerland". MyChilliwackNews.com. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 28 February 2012.