|Jaret A. Gibbons|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 10th district
January 2, 2007
|Preceded by||Frank LaGrotta|
October 7, 1980 |
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
|Residence||Franklin Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Duquesne University
University of Pittsburgh
Prior to elective office, Gibbons graduated from Duquesne University and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he was editor in chief of the Pittsburgh Tax Review. He has co-written articles on several topics, includingof Pennsylvania employment law, tax law and retirement benefits. Gibbons also served as Finnegan Fellow with the Pennsylvania Department of State's Bureau of Elections. He also worked for Pennsylvania State Senator Jay Costa. He managed the Government Accounting Standards Board Rule 34 accounting project for the Moon Township Finance Department.
In 2006, he defeated 20-year incumbent Frank LaGrotta for the democratic nomination at the age 25, while still a law student. LaGrotta's defeat was likely a result of his support for the controversial 2005 legislative pay raise.
- "SESSION OF 2007 191ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY No. 1" (PDF). LEGISLATIVE JOURNAL. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Kane, Karen (2006-04-09). "Campaign 2006: Youth vs. experience is theme in 10th District". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. PG Publishing Co. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Rep. Jaret A. Gibbons Biography". Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "2006 General Primary - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Kane, Karen; Bill Toland; et al. (2006-05-17). "State House races: Pistella, LaGrotta, Stevenson out; Veon wins". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. PG Publishing Co. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "The Long Goodbye, Part One.". Pittsburgh Tribune Review. Tribune-Review Publishing Co. 2007-02-25. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Jaret Gibbons official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - Rep. Jaret A. Gibbons official Party website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|