Jaret Goes to the Movies
|Jaret Goes to the Movies|
|Hosted by||Jaret Reddick, Rich Coleman, Casey Yant, Wil Vark|
|Length||90 to 120 minutes|
|Original release||October 23, 2015 – present|
Jaret Goes to the Movies is a weekly podcast created by Jaret Reddick (Bowling for Soup) and his main "sidekick", Rich Coleman, with the first episode (Back to the Future) having released on October 23, 2015. The show was originally hosted by Jaret Reddick and family friend, Rich Coleman, but they were quickly joined by Reddick's wife, Casey, by episode 4 (Raiders of the Lost Ark) and then later by Reddick's neighbor, Wil Vark, on episode 44 (Tommy Boy) to shore up the final cast and Sean Kennedy (Silent Sean 3.16) signed up to help as their Audio/Video Engineer in December of 2017. The show features round-table discussions on favorite movies from the one or more of the hosts' past and the podcast maintains its tagline, This is movie commentary with no movie knowledge. In 2016, Jaret Goes to the Movies was nominated for People's Choice Podcast Awards in the TV/Film category. The podcast is also hosted on iTunes.
The podcast is hosted by Jaret Reddick, lead singer of Bowling for Soup and Jarinus. It is co-hosted by its co-creator, Rich Coleman. Additional cast members now include Reddick's wife, Casey Yant, and their neighbor, Wil Vark (known as "Kiddie Corner Wil" on the show). Frequent guests have included Tim Toole (known as "Tim Toole My Neighbor"), Mark Yant (Casey's dad), Dennis Durkee (Casey's step-dad), and John Hudiburgh (known as "John the Bass Player").
- Brian Vander Ark, lead singer of The Verve Pipe (Episode 29 - Rock Star)
- Marshall Teague (Episode 40 - Road House Part 1 & Part 2)
- Dean Cameron (Episode 92 - Summer School Part 1 & Part 2)
Jaret Goes to the Movies episodes are between an hour and two hours long starting with a sound bite from the film being covered. Earlier episodes of the show consisted of Jaret and Rich talking about where they lived and what was going on in their lives around the time the movie was originally released as well as talking about the opening scene in detail. After awhile, the show settled into the Episode Outline listed below.
- Show host/guest introductions and general conversation
- Supporter citations and thank-yous
- Film introduction and synopsis
- Discussion about the movie's cast
- Audio clips plot discussion using 15 to 30 notable moments from the movie in sequential order
- Mailbag, Facebook, and Twitter Q&A
- The "5 Questions" game where a Skyped-in Patreon supporter is inserted into the middle of the show after the recording (during the editing process).
- "Game of 5 Questions"... where they ask 6 questions and the high score is 7 (Note: It switched to a "versus" format on episode #84)
- Benefit of the Doubt Guy
- Rich's Alternate Synopsis
- Rich's 11 Point Scale (also known as "The Richter Scale")
- Wil's Progressive Scale
- Solving the Movie
- Wil's Wacky Trivia
- Nth Degrees to Jaret
- John the Bass Player's Yet-To-Be-Titled Beer Segment
There's a preshow that is recorded and made available only to Patreon supporters of the show.
Reviews & Mentions
- Check out D-FW-produced podcast 'Jaret Goes to the Movies,' starring the lead singer of Bowling for Soup
- Jaret Reddick Has A New Podcast Called Jaret Goes To The Movies!
- BOWLING FOR SOUP frontman launches Jaret Goes To The Movies podcast
- Interview with Bowling for Soup’s Jaret Reddick
- Jaret Goes To The Movies! New Podcast From Bowling For Soup Frontman Jaret Reddick
- "Ep.1 - Back to the Future". Jaret Goes to the Movies.
- "Ep.4 - Raiders of the Lost Ark". Jaret Goes to the Movies.
- "Ep.44 - Tommy Boy". Jaret Goes to the Movies.
- "JGttM on iTunes". iTunes.
- "JGttM on Patreon". Patreon.
- "JGttM on Facebook". Facebook.
- "JGttM on Twitter". Twitter.
- "JGttM on Patreon". Patreon.