|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Jariban has a population of approximately 20,000 inhabitants. The broader Jariban District has a total population of 39,207 residents.
In October 2014, the Puntland government in conjunction with the local Kaalo NGO and UN-HABITAT launched a new regional census to gather basic information in order to facilitate social service planning and development, as well as tax collection in remote areas. According to senior Puntland officials, a similar survey was already carried out in towns near the principal Garowe–Bosaso Highway. The new census initiative is slated to begin in the Jariban District, in addition to the Bayla District and Eyl District.
Jariban has a number of academic institutions. According to the Puntland Ministry of Education, there are 7 primary schools in the Jariban District. Among these are Sallax, Labilamane, Kulub and Jariban Primary. Secondary schools in the area include Jariban Secondary.
In 2012, the Puntland Highway Authority (PHA) announced a project to connect Jariban and other littoral towns in Puntland to the main regional highway. The 750 km thoroughfare links major cities in the northern part of Somalia, such as Bosaso, Galkayo and Garowe, with towns in the south.
- "Regions, districts, and their populations: Somalia 2005 (draft)" (PDF). UNDP. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Service denied for individuals without Puntland identity card". Goobjoog. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Puntland - Primary schools". Ministry of Education of Puntland. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Puntland - Secondary schools". Ministry of Education of Puntland. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Puntland to upgrade Bosaso-Garowe highway". Sabahi. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- The First 100 Days in Office Archived 2012-03-23 at the Wayback Machine.
|This Somalia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|