|Born:||August 29, 1986|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||285 lb (129 kg)|
|High school:||Lincolnton (GA) Lincoln Co.|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 182|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jarius Jessereel Wynn (born August 29, 1986) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round (182nd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He won a Super Bowl ring in Super Bowl XLV over the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played college football at Georgia.
Wynn attended Lincoln County High School and was First-team GHSA All-State Class-A as a senior defensive lineman in 2004. He earned First-team All-State honors as an offensive lineman in 2003.
In 2008, Wynn appeared in 13 games, making twelve starts, recording 54 tackles and six quarterback hurries. After enrolling at Georgia in January 2007, he appeared in and started 13 games. He and finished first on the team with 69 tackles .
Wynn attended Georgia Military College and was Second-team National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-American honors following the 2006 campaign as well as team captain and defensive MVP. He tallied 21 tackles, including a team-leading eight for losses, two sacks, forced four fumbles and had one fumble recovery in 2006. Wynn was rated the No. 1 junior college defensive tackle prospect in the nation for the class of 2007 by JCGridiron.com.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-2⅝ *||275 *||5.08 *||X||X||4.58 *||7.40 *||31½" *||8'11" *||19 *||12 *|
|* represents NFL Combine—"X" Denotes "No Data" or "Did Not Participate"|
Green Bay Packers
During the 2010 preseason, Wynn was released during the routine cuts that are mandated by the NFL for the 53-man roster. He tried out for the Seattle Seahawks but wasn't signed. It wasn't long before Green Bay Packer defensive end Justin Harrell was injured during the Packers' season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles, placing him on the injured reserve list for the remainder of the season and causing the Packers to re-sign Wynn on September 14, 2010.
On August 27, 2012, the Packers released him in order to meet roster limit requirements.
San Diego Chargers
Wynn was signed by the Dallas Cowboys on October 15, 2013 due to injuries to the team's defensive line. He played mostly as a backup (one start at defensive tackle), finishing with 12 tackles (3 for loss), one sack, 6 quarterback pressures and 2 passes defensed.
Wynn signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent on April 8, 2014. After registering 18 quarterback pressures, 2 sacks and 2 passes defensed, he was re-signed to a two-year, $2.2 million contract on March 12, 2015. Wynn suffered a torn ACL in the first 2015 preseason game against the Carolina Panthers and was placed on the injured reserve list.
- "Packers Sign Nance And Wynn, Place Grant And Harrell On I.R." Packers.com. September 14, 2010. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- Chargers Sign Jarius Wynn
- "Cowboys Waive Two, Sign DE Wynn; One Roster Spot Open". Dallas Cowboys.com.
- "Free agent DL Jarius Wynn signs with Buffalo". BuffaloBills.com. April 8, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- Gantt, Darin (March 12, 2015). "Bills keep the pace up by signing two of their own free agents". NBCSports.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- Alper, Josh (August 16, 2015). "Jarius Wynn a "devastating loss" for Bills after ACL injury". NBCSports.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "Wife of Packers' Jarius Wynn has baby on day of Super Bowl". USA Today. February 6, 2011.
- "Green Bay Packers: Jarius Wynn". Packers.com.