|Member of the European Parliament|
7 June 2009
|Constituency||1 – Pomeranian|
|Member of the Sejm|
25 September 2005 – 10 June 2009
|Constituency||25 – Gdańsk|
13 September 1976 |
|Political party||Civic Platform|
Danuta and Lech Wałęsa
Jarosław Wałęsa ([jaˈrɔswaf vaˈwɛ̃sa], born 13 September 1976 in Gdańsk) is a Polish politician. He was elected to the Sejm on September 25, 2005 getting 14709 votes in 25 Gdańsk district, candidating from the Civic Platform list. He is the son of former Polish President, Lech Wałęsa.
Wałęsa is a 1995 graduate of Glastonbury High School, Connecticut, where he spent his high school years as a foreign exchange student. He then attended the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.
On September 2, 2011, Jarosław was seriously injured riding his motorcycle after colliding with a SUV in Stropkowo near Sierpc. His injuries included a broken spine and dozens of fractures; and he was still undergoing corrective surgeries in July 2015.
- "Jarosław Wałęsa seriously injured in crash". Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- "Planned treatment: Jarosław Wałęsa in hospital for surgery". Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Jaroslaw Walesa and Ewelina Jachymek were secretly married. Again!" (in Polish). Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Jarosław Wałęsa with his son Wiktor and wife Ewelina Jachymek
- see also List of members of the European Parliament, 2014–19
- Lech Walesa buries son, 43, who struggled with alcohol
- "Jarosław Wałęsa nowym szefem think tanku PO. Zastąpi Bartłomieja Sienkiewicza" (in Polish). Retrieved June 18, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jarosław Wałęsa.|
- Jarosław Wałęsa - parliamentary page - includes declarations of interest, voting record, and transcripts of speeches.
|This article about a Civic Platform politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Poland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|