September 21, 1989 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|Bílí Tygři Liberec
HC Slovan Bratislava
HC Sparta Praha
|NHL Draft||162nd overall, 2009
Tampa Bay Lightning
Jaroslav Janus (born September 21, 1989) is a Slovak professional ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing for the HC Bílí Tygři Liberec of the Czech Extraliga (ELH). Janus was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 6th round (162nd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
As a youth, Janus played in his native Slovakia, within the junior program of HC Slovan Bratislava. After his selection to the Lightning in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Janus opted to continue his development in North America, playing major junior hockey with the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). On December 31, 2009, the Tampa Bay Lightning signed Janus to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Janus claimed the Calder Cup, as the backup with the Admirals in the 2011–12 season, but upon being unable to earn a NHL recall through the duration of his rookie contract with the Lightning he opted to return as a restricted free agent to his original club, HC Slovan Bratislava of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) on September 8, 2012.
Awards and honours
|Calder Cup (Norfolk Admirals)||2012|||
|WJC All-Star Team||2009|||
- "Tampa Bay Lightning signs G Jaroslav Janus to NHL contract". OurSports Central.com. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2009-12-31.
- "Janus confirms two-year deal with KHL club, Bratislava". Twitter. 2012-09-08. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- "Russia beats Janus, Slovakia for bronze". ErieTimes.com. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- Associated, Press (9 June 2012). "Norfolk Admirals win Calder Cup". ESPN NHL. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Media All-Star Team". International Ice Hockey Federation. 2009-01-20. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- Jaroslav Janus career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Jaroslav Janus career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This Slovak biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|