|Full name||Jarrad Waite|
|Date of birth||4 February 1983|
|Place of birth||Devonport, Tasmania|
|Original team(s)||Murray Bushrangers (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||#46 (F/S), 2001 National Draft|
|Height/Weight||194cm / 93kg|
|Current club||North Melbourne|
|Representative team honours|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2015 season.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 2008.
Jarrad Waite (born 4 February 1983) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for the North Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He previously played for the Carlton Football Club.
Born in Devonport, Tasmania, Waite was recruited as the number 46 draft pick in the 2001 AFL draft from Benalla under the father-son selection rule (he is the son of former Carlton player Vin Waite). He made his debut for Carlton in Round 1, 2003 against the Sydney Swans.
Waite made his stance in the AFL as a very prominent forward after he kicked 36 goals in the 2005 season, finishing second behind Brendan Fevola for the club.
Waite was shifted from the forward-line into the back-line during the 2007 NAB Cup where he played at centre half-back. However, during the home and away season, he again played predominately as a forward. In 2008, Waite returned to the back-line under new coach Brett Ratten.
In 2009, Waite again began to spend time at both ends of the ground. However, in Round 9, he suffered a season-ending knee after he partially tore his ACL after hyperextending his left knee when landing on a straight leg. He returned in time for the 2010 season.
In a small part of football history, Waite was the first player ever to be substituted off the ground under the AFL's revised interchange rules in 2011; Waite was concussed in a collision, and was replaced by Kane Lucas in the season's opening match against Richmond. On 12 September 2011, following a Round 16 hip injury, Waite was ruled out for the remainder of the 2011 season.
On 29 September 2014, Waite parted ways with Carlton after 12 seasons with the club, announcing his decision to exercise his free agency rights.
North Melbourne (2015–)
In 2011, Waite married long-time girlfriend Jackie Spong, the owner of the Melbourne fashion boutique SISCA. She appeared in the first season of WAG Nation, a reality television series that documents the lives of five wives and girlfriends of Australian sportsmen, for which Waite is a part of the supporting cast.
- Concussion rule: common sense or just a nuisance?
- "Season over for Jarrad Waite". Carlton Football Club. 12 September 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Jarrad Waite re-signs with Carlton for three years
- "Waite added to leadership group". Carlton Football Club. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Waite to exercise Free Agency". Carlton Football Club. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Waite becomes a Roo". North Melbourne Football Club. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- All WAG and no play makes our dolls dull
- Jarrad Waite's profile on the official website of the Carlton Football Club
- Jarrad Waite's statistics from AFL Tables
- Blueseum.org Profile