|Born: November 5, 1981|
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|May 31, 2014, for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||13.50|
Jarrett George Grube (born November 5, 1981) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is currently a free agent. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
He was drafted in the 10th round of the 2004 Major League Baseball Draft by the Colorado Rockies. He began his minor league career as a starter but then was shifted to the bullpen in 2006. He pitched for the Rockies minor league system until his release in 2009.
Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
He signed with the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs for the remainder of the 2009 season. He continued to pitch for the Blue Crabs in 2010.
In 2011, he signed a minor league deal with the Seattle Mariners.
Los Angeles Angels
He was then acquired by the Angels in 2012.
He was called up to the major leagues for the first time on May 31, 2014. Grube made his major league debut that day, pitching 2⁄3 of an inning against the Oakland Athletics, and allowing a home run.
Grube signed a minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians on June 21, 2015. He elected free agency on November 6, 2015. He signed another minor league contract with the Indians on December 18, 2015, and was released on June 8, 2016.
Toronto Blue Jays
He became a free agent at the end of the season, and signed a minor league contract that included an invitation to spring training with the Toronto Blue Jays on November 28, 2016. On June 18, 2017, Grube was traded to the Cleveland Indians organization for cash considerations. He elected free agency on November 6, 2017.
- "Angels designate LeBlanc for assignment". Associated Press. ESPN.com. May 31, 2014. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Yoenis Cespedes one single shy of cycle in win over Angels". ESPN.com. Associated Press. May 31, 2014. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "International League Transactions". milb.com. p. November 2015. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Todd, Jeff (June 8, 2016). "Minor MLB Transactions: 6/8/16". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Blue Jays sign RHP Grube, C Ohlman to minor league deals". Sportsnet. November 28, 2016. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- "Blue Jays trade pitcher Jarrett Grube to Cleveland for cash considerations". Sportsnet. June 18, 2017. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors) Warning: Template:Baseballstats cube= parameter should be updated to a numeric value.
- Venezuelan Professional Baseball League
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|