|Born||1983 (age 39–40)|
|Known for||Landscape photography|
|Notable work||Metlako Falls, Mount Hood Meadow, Lavender Fields|
Jarrod Castaing (born 1983) is a photographer from Sydney, Australia. Castaing is known for his landscape photographs and limited edition photographic prints from over 50 countries. Castaing was named USA Landscape Photographer of the Year Runner-up in 2014 and exhibited at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
Castaing was born in Sydney, Australia to parents of British and New Zealand heritage. Before discovering photography, he studied fine art establishing for himself a foundation in light and composition, while being inspired to travel from books on exotic locations and foreign countries.
On 23 June 2015, Castaing photographed the Aurora Australis, which was visible Sydney's Northern Beaches in Australia, a rare event, and was featured on Nine News and Seven Sunrise broadcast programs.
Castaing's photographs have been featured in National Geographic publications, and gallery exhibitions worldwide including the South Australian Museum The Rocks in Sydney, and the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
In 2012, Castaing was awarded Better Photography Photograph of the Year. During 2013, he was a finalist in the Australian Nature Photographer of the Year (ANZANG), Wildlife Photographer of the Year (NHM), Windland Smith Rice International Awards (semi-finalist), Sony World Photography Awards (WPO commended) and the Epson International Pano Awards (5 Silver).
Castaing was awarded as a runner up in the 2019 Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the year and exhibited at both the South Australian Museum in Adelaide and the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney.
- Miller, Jessica (15 July 2022). "How to master summer light for amazing photos". Amateur Photographer. Retrieved 18 July 2022.
- Waite, Charlie (19 July 2016). "USA Landscape Photographer of the Year - Press Release" (PDF).
- "Smithsonian Wilderness Forever Exhibition" (PDF). 3 September 2014.
- Practical Photography. UK: Bauer Media. April 2016. pp. 50–51.
- Sun, Herald. "Aurora australis stuns Sydney's early risers". www.heraldsun.com.au. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Aurora addiction that keeps chasers hooked". Daily Telegraph. 14 August 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Keene, Neil (23 June 2015). "Aurora Australis captured over Sydney by photographer Jarrod Castaing". www.dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Viajes NG #175: Toscana". www.nationalgeographic.com.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Full list of ANZANG winners announced". Australian Geographic. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Sydney Siders be sure to check out +Jarrod Castaing recent updates at his gallery in the rocks – he has some really nice imagery and its well worth the visit | avernus". blog.avernus.com.au. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Winner - Better Photography Photograph of the Year 2012!". www.betterphotography.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "The EPSON International Pano Awards 2017 | 2013 Open (Nature)". thepanoawards.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Award-winning landscape photos (2014)". USA TODAY. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014". The Telegraph. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "U.S.A. Landscape Photographer Awards Names 2014 Winners". Popular Photography. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "REAL Australia Photo Awards | 2016 REAL Australia Landscape Photo Awards". kenduncanphotoawards.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year 2019 – in pictures". The Guardian. 20 August 2019. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 18 July 2022.
- "2019 AG Nature Photographer of the Year winners". Australian Geographic. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 18 July 2022.