Jenkins with the Washington Redskins
|No. 94 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||April 24, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Clemson, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Central (SC) Daniel|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Jarvis Jenkins (born April 24, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Clemson University.
Jenkins attended D. W. Daniel High School in Clemson, South Carolina. He was named as a All-American by PrepStar as a senior where he had 79 tackles and four blocked kicks. He was named the South Carolina Coaches Association Upperstate AAA Lineman-of-the-Year, Daily Journal/Messenger Player-of-the-Year and was an AP All-State.
2011 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||310 lb||33 1⁄4 in||9 1⁄2 in||4.93 s||1.83 s||2.89 s||4.75 s||7.42 s||27 in||8 ft 7 in||21 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
Jenkins was selected ninth in the second round, 41st overall, by the Washington Redskins in the 2011 NFL Draft. The Redskins signed Jenkins to a four-year, $4.783 million contract with a $1.978 million signing bonus on July 29, 2011. Jenkins missed the entire 2011 season after tearing his ACL in a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, spending his entire rookie season on injured reserve.
After seven months of rehabilitation, Jenkins was cleared to play on April 11, 2012. He made his NFL debut in the 2012 season opener against the New Orleans Saints. After Adam Carriker was placed on injured reserve, Jenkins had his first career start in Week 3 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
On July 28, 2013, it was announced that Jenkins would be suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season due to violating the league's substance policy. In Week 11, he recorded his first half a sack against the Philadelphia Eagles. The following week, he recorded a full sack on Colin Kaepernick.
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
On March 22, 2017, Jenkins re-signed with the Chiefs.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||SOLO||AST||SACK||FF||FR||Fum YDs||TD||INT||Int YDs||AVG||LNG||TD||PD||STF||STF YDS||SFTY||KB|
- AST: Assisted tackles
- AVG: Average intercepted return yards
- COMB: Combined tackles
- FF: Forced fumbles
- FR: Fumbles recovered
- GP: Games played
- INT: Interceptions thrown
- KB: Blocked kicks (punts and field goals)
- LNG: Longest interception return
- PD: Pass Defended
- SACK: Sacks
- SFTY: Safety
- STF: Stuffs
- STF YDS: Stuff yards
- TD: Fumble or Interceptions returned for touchdowns
- TOTAL: Total tackles
- Fum YDS: Fumbles recovered yards
- NFL Draft Scout
- NFL Combine Profile
- Fitzgerald, Gary. "Redskins Sign All 12 Draft Picks Prior to Camp". redskins.com. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Campbell, Rich (August 7, 2011). "A closer look at the Redskins' two biggest rookie contracts". The Washington Times. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- Jones, Mike (October 22, 2011). "Jarvis Jenkins continues recovery from knee surgery". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 22, 2011.
- Jones, Mike (April 11, 2012). "Jarvis Jenkins cleared to play football". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Walker, Andrew (September 19, 2012). "Jenkins, Jackson Ready For Regular Action". Redskins.com. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 27, 2013). "Jarvis Jenkins: 'I Hurt My Defense'". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 18, 2013). "Redskins-Eagles Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 26, 2013). "Redskins-49ers Tuesday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Biggs, Brad (March 24, 2015). "Bears land defensive end Jarvis Jenkins". ChicagoTribune.com. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- Cimini, Rich (March 16, 2016). "Rich get richer: Jets finalize deal with former Bears DE Jarvis Jenkins". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- Lange, Randy (November 9, 2016). "Devin Smith Activated, Ryan Clady Goes to IR". NewYorkJets.com.
- Jackson, Zac (November 14, 2016). "Chiefs sign Jarvis Jenkins".
- Gantt, Darin (March 22, 2017). "Chiefs bring back defensive lineman Jarvis Jenkins". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Jarvis Jenkins Stats". ESPN. Retrieved October 15, 2015.