Jase Robertson in 2013
|Born||Jason Silas Robertson
August 16, 1969
Bernice, Louisiana, U.S.
|Occupation||COO of Duck Commander, businessman, television personality|
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg) (counting his beard)|
|Spouse(s)||Melissa Robertson (1990-present)|
|Parent(s)||Phil Alexander Robertson
Marsha Kay Robertson
|Relatives||Alan Robertson (brother)
Willie Robertson (brother)
Jeptha Robertson (brother)
Silas Robertson (uncle)
Sadie Robertson (niece)
Jason Silas "Jase" Robertson (born August 16, 1969) is an American television star on the A&E reality television show Duck Dynasty, the COO of the business Duck Commander, an innovator, and a "professional" duck hunter. Jase Robertson lives in West Monroe, Louisiana with his wife, Missy, and his three children Reed, Cole and Mia. He is known for avoiding work in favor of hunting and fishing, speaking "duckinese", and for his self-proclaimed frog-hunting abilities. He calls himself "a frog's worst nightmare".
|This section does not cite any sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jase Robertson was born to Phil and Marsha "Kay" Robertson in Bernice, Louisiana. His parents gave him the middle name of Silas, naming him after his uncle Silas Robertson, Phil's brother. Jase also has 3 brothers Alan, Willie, and Jeptha. Growing up with his father as the town's Duck Commander, Jase wanted to spend as much time with him as possible, going on various hunting expeditions to strengthen their bond. Soon, Robertson developed the same passion for the sport that his dad has. From the age of eight, Robertson wanted to spend as much time in the rugged lifestyle in the woods as possible, even missing the maximum possible amount of school days as allowed by Louisiana law.
Business with Duck Commander
|This section relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2016)|
With his brother Willie as the CEO of the business, Jase Robertson is the COO of Duck Commander. Robertson's job at Duck Commander is to fabricate the duck calls made by the company, fine-tune them, and to invent new ones. It takes him about two to three minutes to make one duck call. One of Jase's inventions is a duck call called the "Triple Threat", a duck call which utilizes three reeds instead of the usual two.
Jase Robertson is one of the stars of A&E's reality show Duck Dynasty. He is portrayed as a foil for Willie Robertson, and often acts as a mischief maker. Jase said he thought that the show would never take off as a popular series. He stated in an interview with Fox News's Todd Starnes that:
- "I was one of the ones who said the reality show would never work...We were in the hunting world. I had this perception of reality shows that you had to have all this friction and fits of rage and four-letter words...We're pretty calm compared to that...We've got some crazy characters in our family — but I didn't think people would want to see that."
- Robertson Family Tree, aetv.com; retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "'Duck Dynasty': Duck calls enrich family". Newsday. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- Jase Robertson profile, aetv.com; accessed June 14, 2016.
- "Starnes Exclusive: 'Duck Dynasty' on Faith, Family and Facial Hair", foxnews.com; retrieved June 26, 2013.