||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dausa District, India
Jaskaur Meena (born 1947) is an Indian politician, a former Union minister of state in Government of India and a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. She is currently in charge of the Scheduled tribes ST Morcha (wing) of the party at the national level.
She was born in 1947 in Dausa District in Rajasthan and studied MA and BEd at the University of Rajasthan. She served as a teacher and educational administrator in the Women and Child Development Department, Government of Rajasthan. She belongs to the community of Meenas in Rajasthan.
- 1999: Elected to 13th Lok Sabha (lower house) from Sawai Madhopur constituency.
- 2003-2004: Union Minister of State, Ministry of Human Resource Development
Jaskaur set up a Gramin Mahila Vidyapeeth (Rural Girls' University) in the village of Mainpura in Sawai Madhopur District in 1993 to educate girls in the district. The Vidyapeeth includes girls in grades 1 through 12. It was constructed with the active participation of 4,000 families.
- Inhen Bhi Jaaniye - containing detailed description of national signs and symbols
- Samay Ki Ret - a compilation of poems
- Geet Sangrah - a collection of folk songs of Rajasthan recited on auspicious occasions
- Mahila Ke Badhate Charan
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|