This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Television personality, singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman|
|Television||The Only Way Is Essex (2015-16)|
Desi Rascals (2017)
|Relatives||Danny Walia (Brother)|
Jasmin Walia is a British Indian television personality, singer, songwriter, actress and businesswoman. She first came into limelight with the British reality television show The Only Way Is Essex. She gained popularity with her English-Punjabi single "Dum Dee Dee Dum" (2016). Her English-Punjabi track, "Bom Diggy" (2017) with Zack Knight, featured in the top Indian pop charts.
Early life and career beginnings
She started singing at the age of around 7-8, and was first in her family to sing. While watching television, she used to imitate the actors in the lounge. She said in a session, "I used to sit there every Saturday night, performing "Over The Rainbow" to my dad, and he picked up the fact that I loved singing and enrolled me into singing classes." She demonstrated a vehemence for stage at a very young age. She started attending a theatre school at the age of 10. Jasmine was also an extra in Harry Potter The prisoner of Azkaban.  She used to listen to the Indian music and watch Bollywood movies.
2015: TOWIE Walia became popular in the UK by appearing on the reality TV show The Only Way Is Essex. She was part of series 7 to 14. While series 7 to 12 were released by ITV2, ITVBe has original release rights for series 13 to 14. Walia was voted as the sexiest Asian in UK, along with the One Direction's ex-member Zayn Malik, in December 2014 in the poll by UK-based Eastern Eye magazine.
Walia appeared in the British television show The Only Way Is Essex and Desi Rascals 2, streamed by Sky One from July to September 2015. The show also featured her then-boyfriend Ross Worswick. Before shooting for the show, she said, "This is the opportunity I’ve been looking for that will allow me to explore my cultural roots whilst still maintaining all the glitz and glamour that I love." The structured reality TV series delved deeper into the lives of a diverse set of West Londoners in their quests to fulfil their dreams and overcome challenges.
2016 to present: Career as a singer
She partnered with T-Series once again in March 2017 with the release of her third song, "Temple". Jasmin Walia and Zack Knight wrote this song, it was composed by Knight, and the music video was directed by Luke Biggins and Roger Russell. The music label Saavn LLC released her fourth song, "Bom Diggy", with her long-term music partner, Zack Knight it was shot in the London nightclub, Café de Paris. The video received over 500 million YouTube views.
Jasmin Walia created her own fashion line, Pop by Jasmin, with the product range of lipsticks and beauty accessories. She said in an interview, "I wanted to make makeup for a diverse ethnic groups of people around the world. We thought of the name Pop by Jasmin because it is related to music, and has gone really well." She is currently working on her new range, Lyric.
In November 2017, Walia became a part of the Women of the Future Ambassadors Programme, an initiative of the Women of the Future, in association with Lloyds Banking Group, that connects the ambassadors with school sixth formers, with the objective to "provide students with mentors and role models, thus strengthening the pipeline of talent among Britain’s younger women."
|Dum Dee Dee Dum||Zack Knight and Jasmin Walia||Zack Knight
P Cruz Michaela
|Girl Like Me||Jasmin Walia||Zack Knight
|Temple||Jasmin Walia||Jasmin Walia
|Go Down||Jasmin Walia||2017|
|Bom Diggy||Zack Knight and Jasmin Walia||Zack Knight||2017|
|Bom Diggy Diggy (for Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety)||Zack Knight and Jasmin Walia||Zack Knight, Kumaar||2018|
|Sahara||Jasmin Walia||Zack Knight, AM Fankaar, Nia-V, Jasmin Walia||2018|
|The X Factor||Herself||ITV||2016|||
|Desi Rascals||Herself||Sky Living||2017|
- "India WebPortal Private Limited". india.com. 2017-08-24. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Nadadhur, Srivathsan (9 September 2017). "Jasmin Walia: Music helps escape from life". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Top Bollywood songs of October 2017 first week". Newsfolio. newsfolo.com. 2017-10-06. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Jasmin Walia - Q & A". YouTube. Jasmin Walia on YouTube. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Greenwood, Carl (18 Apr 2015). "TOWIE's Jasmin Walia set for Bollywood success after being named Sexiest Asian in the UK". MGN Limited. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- BHOGAL, HARVEY (2015-07-06). "Jasmin Walia joins Desi Rascals Series 2". DESIblitz. DESIblitz. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Guides: Christmas pantomimes 2016". 16 November 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "SKTKS new song: Go Bom Diggy Diggy with Kartik Aaryan and Sunny Singh this Valentine's Day". Times Now News. Times Now. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety song Bom Diggy Diggy: A catchy number that will stay in your head all day". firstpost.com. Firstpost. 2018-02-08. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "TOWIE's Jasmin Walia exclusively opens up about THAT X Factor audition as she continues successful music career: 'I hope I can prove Simon Cowell wrong!'". ok.co.uk. 2017-04-17. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "Celebrity Dinner Date: Jasmin Walia - S7". Radio Times.