Tookes at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014
1 February 1991 |
Huntington Beach, California
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Jasmine Tookes (born February 1, 1991) is an American model.
Tookes was born and raised in Huntington Beach, California. She has a younger sister, who is 19 years her junior. She did gymnastics for ten years and was also active in volleyball and softball before she became a model at about the age of 15. Her mother is a celebrity fashion stylist. Tookes was discovered at one of her mother's showroom appointments.
Tookes' first commercial ad campaigns were in 2010 for ugg boots and Gap. Before breaking out on the international scene, she booked a Spring 2011 DKNY campaign and a layout in Vogue Italia. According to Page six of The New York Post, when Oprah Winfrey saw Tookes perform on the catwalk in October 2011 at the "Lincoln Center Presents: An Evening With Ralph Lauren", Winfrey extolled Tookes' buttery soft skin and requested that Tookes "Rub your face against mine." Models.com named Tookes as one of the top 10 new models in a September 27, 2011 fashion week post. Tookes was selected by Style as its top new model in November 2011 based on her work for the Spring Fashion Shows. She was one of eleven new models for the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2012. The 2012 show was taped in November and broadcast on the CBS network on December 4. The night before the airing of the fashion show, Tookes and fellow Victoria's Secret models Behati Prinsloo and Jacquelyn Jablonski guest starred on the December 3 "Ha'awe Make Loa" episode of CBS' Hawaii Five-0. French Vogue named her as one of its 10 New faces from fall/winter 2012-2013 Fashion Week. Her runway experience includes Shiatzy Chen, Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, Prada, Miu Miu and Versace.
- "Jasmine Tookes". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- Lim, James (2011-12-29). "Meet the New Girl: Jasmine Tookes Believes in Humility". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- Ogunnaike, Nikki. "Getting to Know New Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes". Glamour. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Meet the New Girl: Jasmine Tookes Believes in Humility". The Cut. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Cardellino, Carly (2015-09-23). "This Real-Life Couple Gets Paid to Cuddle: Jasmine Tookes and Tobias Sorensen have a romance more swoon-y than the movies.". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Pass the butter". New York Post. 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Top 10 Newcomers SS12: Jasmine". Models.com. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Jasmine Tookes IMG". Style. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Up Close and Personal with Our Top Ten New Models". Style. 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Victoria’s Secret: The New Class". Style. 2012-11-08. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". International Business Times. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "VS Angel Behati Prinsloo Guest Stars on Hawaii Five-0 This Monday". Victoria's Secret. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "New faces from fall/winter 2012-2013 Fashion Week". Vogue. 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Toomey, Alyssa (2015-04-28). "News/ Heavenly News! 2015 Victoria's Secret Angels Announced: Martha Hunt, Stella Maxwell and More!". E! News. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jasmine Tookes.|