Tookes at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014
February 1, 1991 |
Huntington Beach, California
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Tookes was born and raised in Huntington Beach, California. She has a younger sister, who is 19 years her junior. She did gymnastics for ten years and was also active in volleyball and softball before she became a model at about the age of 15. Her mother is a celebrity fashion stylist. Tookes was discovered at one of her mother's showroom appointments.
Tookes is of mixed ancestry: African, Brazilian, and West Indian. Tookes previously dated Danish model, Tobias Sorensen for about four years and broke up in the mid of 2016. Now she is in a relationship with Juan David Borrero, a Senior Partnership Manager at Snapchat. 
Tookes' first commercial ad campaigns were in 2010 for ugg boots and Gap. Before breaking out on the international scene, she booked a Spring 2011 DKNY campaign and a layout in Vogue Italia. According to Page six of The New York Post, when Oprah Winfrey saw Tookes perform on the catwalk in October 2011 at the "Lincoln Center Presents: An Evening With Ralph Lauren", Winfrey extolled Tookes' buttery soft skin and requested that Tookes "Rub your face against mine." Models.com named Tookes as one of the top 10 new models in a September 27, 2011 fashion week post. Tookes was selected by Style as its top new model in November 2011 based on her work for the Spring Fashion Shows. She was one of eleven new models for the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2012. The 2012 show was taped in November and broadcast on the CBS network on December 4. The night before the airing of the fashion show, Tookes and fellow Victoria's Secret models Behati Prinsloo and Jacquelyn Jablonski guest starred on the December 3 "Ha'awe Make Loa" episode of CBS' Hawaii Five-0. French Vogue named her as one of its 10 New faces from fall/winter 2012-2013 Fashion Week.
Tookes has appeared in editorials for Italian, American, French, German, and Spanish Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Numéro, W, and V. her cover include Elle France February 2013, Vogue (magazine) Espana March 2016 alongside with her fellow Victoria's Secret Angels, Harper's Bazaar Vietnam July 2016 along with Elsa Hosk and Martha Hunt.
She has walked the runways for Burberry, Salvatore Ferragamo, Carolina Herrera, Moschino, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Shiatzy Chen, Herve Leger, Ermanno Scervino, Giorgio Armani, Philipp Plein, Missoni, Jason Wu, Alberta Ferretti, Emilio Pucci, Balmain, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Giambattista Valli, Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, Yves Saint Laurent, Trussardi, Marchesa, Tory Burch, Dolce & Gabbana, Stella McCartney, Paco Rabanne, Helmut Lang, Louis Vuitton, DSquared2, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, Prada, Jill Stuart, rag+bone, Miu Miu and Versace.
In 2015, she became a Victoria's Secret Angel. Tookes was selected to wear the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Fantasy Bra (worth $3 million in 2016) at the 2016 show which was held in Paris, France.
- "Jasmine Tookes". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Lim, James (December 29, 2011). "Meet the New Girl: Jasmine Tookes Believes in Humility". New York Magazine. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Ogunnaike, Nikki. "Getting to Know New Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes". Glamour. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "Meet the New Girl: Jasmine Tookes Believes in Humility". The Cut. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- "Pass the butter". New York Post. October 28, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Top 10 Newcomers SS12: Jasmine". Models.com. September 27, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Jasmine Tookes IMG". Style. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Up Close and Personal with Our Top Ten New Models". Style. November 9, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Victoria's Secret: The New Class". Style. November 8, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "The 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". International Business Times. December 5, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "VS Angel Behati Prinsloo Guest Stars on Hawaii Five-0 This Monday". Victoria's Secret. November 30, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "New faces from fall/winter 2012-2013 Fashion Week". Vogue. March 12, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Toomey, Alyssa (April 28, 2015). "News/ Heavenly News! 2015 Victoria's Secret Angels Announced: Martha Hunt, Stella Maxwell and More!". E! News. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Bacardi, Francesca (October 26, 2016). "Jasmine Tookes Gushes About Wearing the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra: "I Still Pinch Myself Every Day"". E! News. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "The World's Highest-Paid Models 2016: 17. Jasmine Tookes". Forbes. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jasmine Tookes.|