20 August 1990 |
Hendon, London, England
|Notable work||See below|
Jasmyn Grace Banks (born 20 August 1990) is an English actress. A graduate of the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, Banks has acted in stage productions since 2005 and she has had roles in various television productions since 2006. She was cast as Alice Branning in the BBC soap opera EastEnders in 2012, making her screen debut on 10 May that year. She departed the show on 24 December 2013.
Banks trained at the Young Persons Theatre Company and the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts. She appeared in various stage productions between 2005 and 2009, including The Wizard of Oz, Twelfth Night, 1963 They had a Dream and The Wind in the Willows. Banks first appeared on television in 2006 in an episode of the children's programme My Parents Are Aliens. In 2011, Banks made guest appearances in two BBC productions for television: She played the role of Belinda Stuart in an episode of the daytime soap opera Doctors, and she played the role of Lauren in an episode of the sitcom Life of Riley entitled "Absent Friends".
In April 2012, Banks was cast as Alice Branning, daughter of established character Derek Branning (Jamie Foreman), in the BBC1 soap opera, EastEnders; she had been working in a bar when she received news of her casting. Banks said she was a long-time fan of EastEnders and that she was "thrilled" to be joining the soap opera as part of the Branning family. Banks made her first appearance as Alice in an episode that was broadcast on 10 May 2012. Alice's character departed from the show on 24 December 2013 after being falsely charged for the murder of her lover, Michael Moon. Banks then toured with the theatre production One Man, Two Guvnors from 2014 until 2015. She will be starring in the horror film The Spiritualist, which is currently in post-production.
|2006||My Parents Are Aliens||Sarah||1 episode|||
|Life of Riley||Lauren|||
|2012-13||EastEnders||Alice Branning||Regular Role|||
|2015||Citizen Khan||Philippa Jenkins||1 episode|
|2016||Call the Midwife||Judith Coleman||1 episode|
|2005||Wind in the Willows||Ensemble|||
|The Wizard of Oz||Wicked Witch of the West|||
- "Jasmyn Banks" (PDF). RAW Young Talent Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Producer: Ella Kelly; Writer: Dominique Moloney (22 February 2011). "Episode dated 22/02/2011". Doctors. BBC. BBC One.
- Producer: Richard Boden; Writer: Daniel Peak, John Irwin, Georgia Pritchett, Kay Stonham (22 May 2011). "Absent Friends". Life of Riley. BBC. BBC One.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (14 April 2012). "'EastEnders' casts Derek Branning's daughter Alice". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (10 May 2012). "'EastEnders' Jasmyn Banks: 'Derek is lovely with Alice'". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK.
- Director: Richard Lynn; Executive Producer: Bryan Kirkwood; Writer: Nicholas Hicks-Beach (10 May 2012). "Episode dated 10/05/2012". EastEnders. BBC. BBC One.
- "Alice Branning (Jasmyn Banks)". EastEnders. BBC Online. 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2012.