|Birth name||Jason DeCorse|
|Born||16 January 1974
Yuma, Arizona, USA
|Genres||Rock, metal, blues, country, new wave, alternative rock|
|Occupation(s)||Guitarist, Composer, Studio Musician|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass guitar|
|Years active||1974 - Present|
|Associated acts||The Icarus Line, Lo Mass Republic, Plastic Dog, The Jimi Homeless Experience, Motochrist, Greyhound Soul, Alana Sweetwater, Jet Set|
|electric guitar, lap steel, pedal steel, slide guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, piano|
In 2003, Arista Records signed the band Lo Mass Republic, featuring Jason on guitar and Jesse Glick as lead singer, to a recording contract. Their debut album was recorded in Seattle by Rick Parashar (Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Alice In Chains, and Blind Melon) and mixed by Jack Joseph Puig (Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots, The Black Eyed Peas, and U2) at Ocean Way but the record was never released. The band then joined forces in 2007 and hired John Travis (Kid Rock, Juliana Theory, Social Distortion) to record and produce their independent album Poisoned Heart Machines.
Jason has also performed and recorded with many other musicians, including Kathy Valentine (of the Go-Go's), Clem Burke (of Blondie), Abby Travis (of Elastica and KMFDM), Ian Astbury (of The Cult), Motochrist, Alana Sweetwater, Jet Set, and several others.
In 2014, Jason joined Godspeed McQueen, a punk/rock'n'roll tribute band located in Solana Beach CA with a deep underground following. Currently teaches music at Rockademy, a music school located in North San Diego County.
with Greyhound Soul
- "Alma de Galgo" (2001) LP, CD
- "Down" (2004) LP, CD
- "Freaks" (2005) LP, CD
- "Tonight and Every Night" (2007) LP, CD
with Lo Mass Republic
with Alana Sweetwater
- "Alana Sweetwater" (2007) LP, CD
with The Jimi Homeless Experience
with Plastic Dog
- "Bean" (2006) LP, CD
- "High Noon" (2008) EP, CD
- "101 Hollywood Nights: Demos & Outtakes '98-'08" (2008) 6-CD box set
with The Icarus Line
- "Icarus Line: New Album, Tour, Mp3" (Press release). Ultimate Guitar. 2007-06-20. Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2007-02-02.
singer and songwriter Joe Cardamone, guitarist Alvin DuGuzman, drummer Jeff “The Captain” Watson, guitarist James Striff and bassist Jason Decorse - is more anxious than ever to get on tour and reconnect with their fans.
- Bronson, Kevin. "The Icarus Line, getting in line?". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Winberg, Par. "Lo Mass Republic "Poisoned Heart Machine" (Review)". Archived from the original on 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Orf, Chris. "Joe Pena finds right recipe for success...". Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Armstrong, Gene. "Critics' Choice Awards: BEST BAND OR ARTIST". Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Ventre, Sarah. "Greyhound Soul - Tonight and Every Night (review)". Retrieved 2008-06-24.