|— Golfer —|
|Full name||Jason William Gore|
May 17, 1974 |
Van Nuys, California
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||245 lb (111 kg; 17.5 st)|
|College||University of Arizona
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Former tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships
|U.S. Open||T47: 2010|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
|PGA Championship||T62: 2006|
|Achievements and awards|
Player of the Year
Jason William Gore (born May 17, 1974) is an American professional golfer.
Gore attended the University of Arizona, then transferred to Pepperdine University. At Pepperdine, he was part of their NCAA Division I Championship team in 1997. He also played on the victorious Walker Cup team that year.
Gore turned professional in 1997. In 2005, he played on the PGA Tour after moving from the Nationwide Tour midseason, after receiving a battlefield promotion, which is given when a player wins three Nationwide Tour events in one season.
Gore has one PGA Tour win, the 84 Lumber Classic in 2005, and is the all-time leader in career wins on what is now the Web.com Tour, with seven. Gore belongs to a small group of players who have shot 59 in their careers. His historic round of 59 happened on Friday of the 2005 Cox Classic at Champions Run in Omaha, Nebraska.
Gore played in the final group of the 2005 U.S. Open with Retief Goosen. He shot a 14-over-par 84 to drop all the way to a tie for 48th; Michael Campbell won the event. Gore was not fully exempt on the PGA Tour from 2009 to 2014.
this list may be incomplete
Professional wins (12)
PGA Tour wins (1)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of victory||Runner-up|
|1||Sep 18, 2005||84 Lumber Classic||−14 (65-72-67-70=274)||1 stroke||Carlos Franco|
Nationwide Tour wins (7)
- 2000 (1) BUY.COM New Mexico Classic
- 2002 (2) Oregon Classic, Albertsons Boise Open
- 2005 (3) National Mining Association Pete Dye Classic, Scholarship America Showdown, Cox Classic
- 2010 (1) Miccosukee Championship
Other wins (4)
- 1997 (1) California State Open (as an amateur)
- 2004 (1) California State Open
- 2008 (1) Straight Down Fall Classic (with Kevin Marsh)
- 2013 (1) Straight Down Fall Classic (with Kevin Marsh)
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||DNP||DNP|
|The Open Championship||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
Yellow background for top-10.
U.S. national team appearances
- 2000 PGA Tour Qualifying School graduates
- 2002 Buy.com Tour graduates
- 2005 Nationwide Tour graduates
- 2014 Web.com Tour Finals graduates
- List of golfers with most Web.com Tour wins
- Crouse, Karen (September 3, 2015). "At 41, Jason Gore Brings a Different Look, and Sensibility, to the FedEx Cup Playoffs". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Greener Pastures : Pepperdine's Jason Gore Is Concentrating on the State Amateur While Contemplating When He Should Join the PGA Tour
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jason Gore.|