This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Jason Hernandez|
|Date of birth||August 26, 1983|
|Place of birth||New York, New York, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|New York City FC|
|2001–2004||Seton Hall Pirates|
|2008–2014||San Jose Earthquakes||165||(0)|
|2015–||New York City FC||53||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:31, 19 September 2016 (UTC).
Hernandez was selected by the MetroStars with the 6th pick in the first round of the 2005 MLS Supplemental Draft and signed a developmental contract with the team for the 2005 season. After not playing a minute in the club's first 29 league games, he made his debut against Chicago on October 5th 2005. He started the last three games of the regular season, as well as both games in the playoffs.
In his initial campaign with Chivas, Hernandez went on to appear in 29 league matches, including 24 starts. During the 2007 season Hernandez saw his role reduced as he appeared in 21 league matches, starting only nine. He started three of the clubs four playoff matches during his two-year stint at the Los Angeles based club.
San Jose Earthquakes
Hernandez would play for the club through the 2014 season, and would captain the team multiple times. His 160 games started and 13,859 minutes played placed him third all time in both categories for the club.
New York City
Hernandez was born in the United States to parents of Puerto Rican descent. On January 6, 2009 Jason was called into the U.S. Men's National Team's January training camp. He joined Colorado Rapids (MLS) defender Ugo Ihemelu as replacements for Clarence Goodson and Cory Gibbs who left camp early, but he ultimately did not feature in the game. He was called up to the Puerto Rico national football team and made his debut on March 29 for 2017 Caribbean Cup qualification against Guyana.
|Club||Season||League||Playoffs||US Open Cup||North America||Total|
|New York City FC||2015||26||0||—||1||0||–||27||0|
San Jose Earthquakes
- "Hernandez alumni report". shupirates.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Metros sign Hernandez". bigapplesoccer.com. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Jason Hernandez statistics". metrofanatic.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "MLS SuperDraft". Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- "Jason Hernandez NYCFC profile". nycfc.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "MLS releases results of expansion draft". oursportcentral.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "San Jose profile". sjearthquakes.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "2014 MLS expansion draft". centerlinesoccer.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "NYCFC vs Orlando City". espnfc.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Jason Hernandez profile". soccerway.com. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Jason Hernandez biography". mls.com. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "San Jose clinch Supporters' Shield". sjearthquakes.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.