Hoffman after signing for the Newcastle Jets in 2007
|Full name||Jason Michael Hoffman|
|Date of birth||28 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Newcastle, Australia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Right Back, Right Wing, Striker|
|2008||AIS Football Program||4||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 February 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 June 2011
On 2 September 2007 he made his A-League debut for the Jets as a substitute in Round 2 of the 2007–08 season, and scored his first goal for the club in Matchday 6 of the Asian Champions League against Ulsan Hyundai.
After being released by Melbourne City in 2015, Hoffman returned to the Newcastle Jets on a one-year deal. He started in 25 of Newcastle's 27 league games that season and signed a two-year contract extension upon the conclusion of the 2015-16 A-League season.
Known as something of a utility player, Hoffman began Newcastle's 2018–19 campaign as the club's center forward due to the 10-game ban of Roy O'Donovan that he incurred in the previous season's Grand Final. He started the first six games of the season and scored one goal, coming in a 2–0 win away to Western Sydney on 23 November, earning the club their first win of the season. Not fit for the game against Brisbane on 9 December, Hoffman returned the following week as a first half substitute at left-back for Ivan Vujica in their 2–0 defeat to league-leaders Perth. Hoffman remained in the side ahead of Vujica in Ernie Merrick's defense for their next game, the F3 Derby against Central Coast on 23 December. He leveled the score with a header in the second half and had a second header ruled out for offside as Newcastle would go on to win 2–1 through Ronald Vargas.
- Weifang Cup (U-18): 2007
With Newcastle Jets:
- Jets keen to step out of shadows
- Newcastle Jets – Queensland Roar Match Summary
- Jets claim historic Asian victory
- Jason Hoffman steps up for Jets
- The Hoff Heads For Heart
- Hoffman signs with Melbourne Heart
- "Melbourne City FC Releases Jason Hoffman". Melbourne City FC. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "CONFIRMED: Jason Hoffman re-joins Jets". Newcastle Jets FC. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Jason Hoffman sticks with Jets". Newcastle Jets. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Roy O'Donovan handed 10-game ban for A-League grand final assault". The Guardian. AAP. 18 May 2018.
- Windon, Jacob (23 November 2018). "Credit overdue for Jason Hoffman, Newcastle's ever-willing unsung hero". Hyundai A-League.
- Gardiner, James (9 December 2018). "Unheralded duo strike to lift Jets to second win of campaign". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Perth Glory beat Newcastle Jets to extend unbeaten A-League run to eight games". ESPN. AAP. 16 December 2018.
- Bossi, Dominic (23 December 2018). "Mariners' rot continues as Jets seal comeback in F3 derby". The Sydney Morning Herald.