||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Thomas Jason Grinstead|
October 3, 1970 |
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
|Labels||Firm Music, EMI|
Jason Hook (born Thomas Jason Grinstead on October 3, 1970) is a Canadian guitarist, record producer, songwriter and session musician. He is best known as the current lead guitarist of the heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch.
Biography and career
Net Worth: $6 Million. Born in Toronto, Jason Hook started his music career at the age of 6 in nearby Oakville, Ontario with private guitar lessons. His early experience in formal music training also included drums, piano and violin.
He spent many years in Canada honing his craft and was eventually signed to Elektra with his band "Monkeyhead". Later he relocated to Los Angeles as a session musician, and had a stint in the hard rock band BulletBoys. In 2000 he was hired by pop singer Hilary Duff as the guitarist in her live lineup; he also served as the session guitarist recording tracks for her. Hook became a highly coveted session player in the LA circuit and he went on to tour and record with acts like the Vince Neil Band and Alice Cooper.
In 2007 Hook released his debut instrumental hard rock/metal album Safety Dunce. Hook recorded his second solo release American Justice in 2007, which featured guest appearances from Alice Cooper, members of Five Finger Death Punch and Phil Demmel from Machine Head. American Justice is still pending release.
In early 2009, it was announced that Hook was joining heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch, replacing guitarist Darrell Roberts. On September 22, 2009 Hook and his bandmates released War Is The Answer, which landed them a number 7 debut on the Billboard Top 200 album chart.
Hook appeared on the History Channel's Counting Cars on July 9, 2013. His motorcycle had broken down on the side of the road and the show's star, Danny "The Count" Koker, happened along and helped get Hook's motorcycle running. Hook later appeared in the episode, receiving an Ace Frehley tattoo at Koker's tattoo shop.
- 2001: Monkeyhead
- 2007: Safety Dunce
- Five Finger Death Punch
- 2009: War Is the Answer
- 2011: American Capitalist
- 2013: The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1
- 2013: The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 2
- 2015: Got Your Six
Equipment and gear
- Gibson Explorers (both with Alice Cooper and Five Finger Death Punch), current signature guitar is the Gibson M4 Sherman, Explorer
- Various Ibanez models (both with Alice Cooper and Five Finger Death Punch)
- Gibson Les Paul Standards (with Bulletboys and Vince Neil)
- Gibson Les Paul Customs (with Bulletboys and Vince Neil)
- EVH Wolfgang guitars (his main guitar with Five Finger Death Punch)
- ESP Eclipses (during his time with Vince Neil and Alice Cooper)
- Various Jackson models (with Five Finger Death Punch)
- Furman power conditioning (with all bands)
- Voodoo Amps platinum modified Marshall JMP-1 tube preamplifier (2)
- Voodoo Amps platinum modified Marshall 9200 stereo power amplifier
- Voodoo Amps platinum Jason-Hook modification on Marshall 1959 reissue amplifier
- Voodoo Amps 4x12 single lead series speaker cabinet with two Celestion vintage 30s and two G12T75s
- TC Electronic G Major 2 effects processor
- "Jason Hook Net Worth". 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Alice Cooper: More NAMM Footage Posted Online". Blabbermouth. 30 January 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Five Finger Death Punch To Guest On Bruce Dickinson's Radio Show". Blabbermouth. 14 February 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2010.