This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jason Horsley is the youngest child of Valerie Walmsley-Hunter and Nicholas Horsley, chairman of Northern Foods (the company founded by Nicholas's father, Alec Horsley). His siblings are Ashley Horsley, a therapist, and the artist Sebastian Horsley (now deceased).
Horsley's film analyses have appeared in various publications, including New Dawn magazine, Bright Lights Film Journal, Film & Festivals Magazine, Cineaste, The Guardian, and The Quietus. In 2004 he worked as a contributing editor and film reviewer for Oaxaca Times in Oaxaca, Mexico, and wrote film reviews for The List, an Edinburgh-based publication, in 2007-8.
In 2009, Horsley's The Secret Life of Movies: Shamanic and Schizophrenic Journeys in American Movies was published by McFarland & Company in 2009.
In 2003, Horsley published Matrix Warrior: Being the One (Orion Publishing Group), in which he combined the plot of the 1999 movie The Matrix with the teachings of Carlos Castaneda, and argued that reality is an illusory construct designed to enslave humans and drain their life-force as food for "inorganic beings". He also published The Lucid View: Investigations into Occultism, Ufology, and Paranoid Awareness in 2003 under the name of Aeolus Kephas, through Adventures Unlimited Press.
As Aeolus Kephas, he wrote an article on Whitley Strieber in 2008 which appeared in Alien Worlds Magazine and Paranoia. "The Perils of the Literary Shaman" appeared in The Anomalist, the 2010 issue titled "Electricity of the Mind". In 2012 he published a revised and expanded article on Strieber at the website Reality Sandwich. He also published several articles at Reality Sandwich in 2011, including pieces on Carlos Castaneda and the pitfalls of entheogen use. More recently he has written about liminality, writing, telepathy, and mirror neurons, "extra-consensual perception," ritual abuse, his relationships with Paul Bowles and Jonathan Lethem. He also reviewed Lethem's A Gambler's Anatomy for The Believer.
In 2014 he published Seen and Not Seen: Confessions of a Movie Autist, a blend of film and literary criticism, cultural analysis, and autobiography, for Zer0 Books.
In 2018, he published Prisoner of Infinity: UFOs, Social Engineering, and the Psychology of Fragmentation for Aeon Books. It is an overview of the cultural, political, and psychological context for the alleged "alien abduction" experiences of Whitley Strieber, including references to Jimmy Savile, the Process Church, Carlos Castaneda, transhumanism, and the New Age movement.
He has an upcoming book called The Vice of Kings: How Socialism, Occultism, and the Sexual Revolution Engineered a Culture of Abuse, due in December 2018.
He continues to conduct interviews and author research in these and related areas, including via his podcast, called The Liminalist: The Podcast Between.
In 2010 and 2017, he self-published a short illustrated book called Paper Tiger: A Mythic Narrative. The book recounts Horsley's experiences of growing up with his brother, Sebastian Horsley, and the effects of his brother's tell-all autobiography Dandy in the Underworld.
The final chapters of Seen and Not Seen: Confessions of a Movie Autist also cover the life, career and death, of his brother. Prisoner of Infinity: UFOs, Social Engineering, and the Psychology of Fragmentation also includes autobiographical content.
- "Northern Foods plc - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Northern Foods plc". referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Relative Values..." by Ria Higgins The Sunday Times 9 September 2007
- "I said yes to marriage the first time we met" by Valerie Walmsley-Hunter, The Guardian, Saturday 10 December 2005
- "I gave up my £500,000 inheritance" by Jake Horsley The Guardian, Saturday 25 February 2006
- Woody Allen, Misanthropy, and Match Point, Or How Death Got the Last Laugh, from Bright Lights Film Journal, August 2006 (Issue 53)
- Obsessions with Light: An Interview with Guy Maddin, Cineaste 22 September 2008
- "Films in narrow-screen: Mobile movie for the little horrors", The Guardian, Friday 30 March 2007
- "The Quietus | Film | Film Features | The Extinction Of Reality: The Counselor Reassessed". The Quietus. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Jake Horsley | Articles | The List". www.list.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- Jake Horsley. "The Blood Poets: A Cinema of Savagery, 1958-1999: American Chaos, from "Touch of Evil" to "Brazil" v. 1 (Filmmakers Series, No. 68)". Goodreads. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Review of Dogville Vs. Hollywood, Scope # 8
- 1967-, Horsley, Jason, (2015). Seen and not seen : confessions of a movie autist. Winchester, UK: Zero Books. ISBN 9781782796756. OCLC 892581867.
- Sharon E. Schulz-Elsing. "Matrix Warrior: Being the One -- book review". curledup.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Aeolus., Kephas, (2004). The lucid view : investigations into occultism, ufology and paranoid awareness. Kempton, Ill.: Adventures Unlimited Press. ISBN 1931882304. OCLC 56507536.
- "Anomalist Books - simply phenomenal - Electricity of the Mind". anomalistbooks.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Through a Fractured Glass, Darkly (Part One): The Facts in the Strange Case of Whitley Strieber - Reality Sandwich". Reality Sandwich. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "A Sorcerer's Corner: Carlos Castaneda's Doomed Romance with Knowledge - Reality Sandwich". Reality Sandwich. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "The Serpent's Promise: The Oldest Exchange of All - Reality Sandwich". Reality Sandwich. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "History Through a Liminal Looking Glass (Part 1) - Zero Books Blog". zero-books.net. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Raskolnikov and the Peanut: Mirror Neurons & the Arcane Art of Writing - Jasun Horsley". Empty Mirror. 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "What Is Consensual Perception and How Can We Escape It? - Zero Books Blog". zero-books.net. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "What You Should Know about Organized Ritual Abuse - disinformation". disinformation. 2016-03-01. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Vast Regions from Nowhere: Paul Bowles, Unfathered Authors, Mother-Bonded Sons - Jasun Horsley". Empty Mirror. 2015-02-13. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "The Invitation of the Mirror: Jonathan Lethem & Me, from the Margin to the Mainstream - Jasun Horsley". Empty Mirror. 2015-09-08. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Amphibious Fiction". The Believer Logger. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- William Ramsey Investigates (2017-12-02), Dark Oasis A Self Made Messiah Unveiled, by Jasun Horsley, retrieved 2018-04-17
- Jasun, Horsley,. Prisoner of infinity : UFOs, social engineering, and the psychology of fragmentation. London. ISBN 1911597051. OCLC 1007303962.
- JASUN., HORSLEY, (2019). VICE OF KINGS : how socialism, occultism, and the sexual revolution engineered a culture of abuse. [S.l.]: STYLUS PUBLISHING. ISBN 1911597043. OCLC 1029246049.
- "Podcast - AUTICULTURE". AUTICULTURE. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- Sebastian., Horsley, (2007). Dandy in the underworld : an unauthorised autobiography (1st U.S. ed.). New York: Harper Perennial. ISBN 0061461253. OCLC 213413588.