|Birth name||Jason Jamaine Jaftha|
|Date of birth||May 4, 1985|
|Rugby union career|
Jason Jamaine Jaftha (born 4 May 1985) is a South African Rugby Union referee that refereed in the Super Rugby and Currie Cup competitions. He hails from the Southern Cape (SWD union) where he attended Zwartberg High School.
He served on the Elite Panel and also officiated Super Rugby matches, but suffered a serious knee injury in 2014, which ruled him out for the entire year. He returned to limited action in 2015, taking charge of first class matches in the 2015 Vodacom Cup, but didn't referee in the Super Rugby or Currie Cup competitions, although he was utilised as an assistant on occasion, including the 2015 Currie Cup Premier Division final. At the end of 2015, his injury record also saw him demoted from the South African Rugby Referees' Association's Elite Panel to their National Panel, and he was removed from the refereeing panel altogether for 2017.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Jason Jaftha". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Ref Jaftha injured". Rugby365. 17 February 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Match officials to March 1". Planet Rugby. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Toyota Free State XV 29-30 DHL Western Province". South African Rugby Union. 2 May 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Xerox Golden Lions 32-24 DHL Western Province". South African Rugby Union. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Refs panels for 2016" (Press release). South African Rugby Referees' Association. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Seconds promoted to Premier Panel" (Press release). SA Rugby Referees. 5 December 2016. Archived from the original on 5 December 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|