Jason Koon in 2018
|Residence||Weston, West Virginia|
|Born||August 14, 1985|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Koon graduated from Lewis County High School in 2003 and then attended West Virginia Wesleyan College in Buckhannon. There he received his Masters in Business Administration and Finance. He declared he started to play poker following an injury. To avoid boredom, his roommate taught him Texas Hold'Em, and Jason Koon realized he could make a lot of money.
Koon began playing poker in 2006 during college. He played online under the alias JAKoon1985 on PokerStars and NovaSky on Full Tilt Poker. In April 2009, he won a tournament in the Spring Championship of Online Poker earning over $300,000 prize money. Since 2008, Koon has participated in live tournaments.
Koon played in his first WSOP in 2009 where he cashed twice. In 2010, Koon finished 4th in the World Poker Tour main event at the Bellagio for $225,000.
In 2011, Koon chopped a Full Tilt Poker "FTOPS" event that had 11,343 runners for $458,550. 
In 2012, Koon played in the high roller event at the Bahamas EPT event earning over $270,000. At the 2012 WSOP Koon finish 2nd in the $3,000 No Limit Hold'em/Pot Limit Omaha - Heads-Up event earning $128,660.
In 2013, Koon finished runner up to David Peters in the $10,000 Bellagio Cup earning $316,000.
In 2015, Koon turned $100 into $110,820 after 18 hours of play finishing third in a low buy in event at the SCOOP.
In 2016, Koon won Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open for $1,000,000. He defeated Seth Davies in heads up.
Koon's most lucrative tournament win to date was in Triton Poker's 2018 Super High Roller Series Montenegro in Budva. In a short-deck ante-only tournament with a HK$1 million buy-in (US$127,000 at tournament time) and 103 entrants, he won HK$28,102,000 (US$3,579,914), defeating Xuan Tan in heads-up play.
In August 2019 He finished 2nd in the Event 3 of London Triton Poker Super High Roller Series (£ 50,000 No Limit Hold'em - 8 Handed) for £ 907,000.
Koon currently lives in Vancouver.
Since 2018, Jason Koon is a member of Partypoker’s team pro.
He also works as a coach on RunItOnce.
- "Jason Koon shares his approach to the game and his goals - Somuchpoker". Somuchpoker. April 25, 2018. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Oresteen, Paul (May 31, 2012). "Event 3: $3,000 Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em/Pot-Limit Omaha". PokerNews. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Davis, Bethany (July 13, 2013). "David Peters Wins Bellagio Cup IX Main Event". cardplayer.com. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Showell, Matthew (May 28, 2015). "How Jason Koon Turned $100 Into $110k in 18 Hours on PokerStars". Pokerlistings. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Glatzer, Jason (August 17, 2016). "Jason Koon Wins 2016 SHRPO Championship for $1 Million". PokerNews. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Cross, Valerie (October 12, 2017). "Jason Koon Wins Big at Doug Polk's Expense on High Stakes Hybrid Day 2". PokerNews. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Zetzsche, Christian (May 19, 2018). "Jason Koon Wins Triton Poker Montenegro Short Deck Event ($3,579,914)". Poker News. Retrieved August 8, 2018.