Maxiell during his tenure with the Detroit Pistons
|No. 54 – Tianjin Ronggang|
|League||Chinese Basketball Association|
February 18, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school||Newman Smith (Carrollton, Texas)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 1 / Pick: 26th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|2015–present||Tianjin Ronggang (China)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Jason Dior Maxiell (born February 18, 1983) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Tianjin Ronggang of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). The 6'7" power forward played college basketball for the University of Cincinnati.
After graduating from Newman Smith High School in 2001, Maxiell played college basketball for the University of Cincinnati from 2001 to 2005 where he was coached by Bob Huggins. After earning Conference USA Sixth Man and All-Freshmen team honors as a freshman, Maxiell earned All-Conference USA second team honors in both his junior and senior years. As a senior in 2004–05, he led Conference USA in blocked shots (2.8 bpg) and ranked 18th in the nation. His 91 blocks are the second-highest University of Cincinnati single-season total.
Maxiell finished 11th on Cincinnati’s career scoring list with 1,566 points (13th in Conference USA history) and second on the UC career chart for blocked shots with 252 (4th in C-USA). He also played 129 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in Bearcats’ history, and started the last 77 contests.
Maxiell was selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 26th overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft. On July 5, 2005, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Pistons. On October 31, 2008, he signed a four-year contract extension with the Pistons worth $20 million, keeping him under contract with the franchise until the end of the 2012–13 season. On June 29, 2012, he exercised his $5 million player option, returning to the Pistons for the 2012–13 season.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Minutes: 44 vs. Golden State Warriors, November 14, 2007
- Points: 28 vs. Washington Wizards, April 11, 2008
- Rebounds: 16 vs. Houston Rockets, March 7, 2010
- Blocks: 7 vs. Washington Wizards, February 5, 2015
- Prospect Profile: Jason Maxiell
- Pistons announce re-signing of forward Maxiell
- Jason Maxiell picks up options, remains with the Pistons
- Former Pistons big man Maxiell signs deal with Magic
- Jason Maxiell to sign two-year, $5 million contract with Magic
- Magic Waive Jason Maxiell
- Hornets Sign Maxiell
- "TianJin Steel adds Jason Maxiell to their roster". Asia-basket.com. August 10, 2015. Retrieved October 11, 2015.