|Full name||Jason Ray McLaughlin|
|Date of birth||April 14, 1982|
|Place of birth||Provo, Utah, United States|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2010||Portland Timbers U23s||3||(0)|
|2010||Portland Timbers U23s (assistant)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 7, 2010|
College and amateur
McLaughlin grew up in Wetumpka, Alabama, and attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham, playing on the men's soccer team from 2000 to 2005, scoring 15 goals and assisted on 13 others during his career. McLaughlin captained the Blazers his junior season and led them to a third-place finish the Conference USA tournament. He led the team in scoring his senior season with five goals and eight assists and received numerous accolades for his performance, including a NSCAA All-South Region third-team selection and All-C-USA second-team honors.
McLaughlin signed his first professional contract in 2006 when he joined the Atlanta Silverbacks of the USL First Division. He played 28 games, scoring 5 goals, in his debut season. On January 11, 2007, the Silverbacks traded him and Fabian Dawkins to the Montreal Impact in exchange for Mauricio Salles and Dan Antoniuk.
On April 11, the Impact then traded McLaughlin to the Vancouver Whitecaps for Sita-Taty Matondo, with McLaughlin never having pulled on an Impact jersey. McLaughlin spent the 2007 season in Vancouver, featuring in 19 games.
On November 14, 2007, the Silverbacks announced they had re-signed McLaughlin to a three-year contract after he was released by the Whitecaps. In January 2009, following Atlanta's demise, he moved to the Portland Timbers of the USL-1. He played 21 games for Portland in 2009 before being released on December 7, 2009; he subsequently signed to play for the Timbers' USL Premier Development League affiliate, Portland Timbers U23s, as an over-age player and assistant coach. He made his debut for the U23s on May 21, 2010 in a game against the Spokane Spiders.
- "2005 Augusta Fireball". Archived from the original on 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "Dawkins and McLaughlin traded for Salles and Antoniuk". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- "IMPACT ACQUIRES FORWARD SITA-TATY MATONDO". Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "2007 Vancouver Whitecaps". Archived from the original on 2008-07-04. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "MCLAUGHLIN RETURNS TO ATLANTA; SILVERBACKS INK AMBERSLEY". Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "TIMBERS: Soccer team signs seven players". Archived from the original on 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Timbers sign Quavas Kirk; Nine players not returning for 2010 Archived 2009-12-11 at the Wayback Machine