|Born||Jason Scott Mesnick
July 5, 1976
|Residence||Kirkland, Washington, United States|
Hilary Buckholz (m. 2003; div. 2007)
Early life and career
Mesnick was born in Cleveland, Ohio, and has two brothers, Sean and Larry. His family moved to Washington state when he was eight. When he was a teenager, his parents divorced. He attended Lake Washington High School, graduating in 1994, then attended the University of Washington, graduating in 1998 with a BA in Psychology. He is also a brother of the Theta Chi Fraternity, Alpha Rho Chapter.
Mesnick competed on the fourth season of The Bachelorette, which premiered in May 2008, as one of the suitors of DeAnna Pappas, even proposing in the final rose ceremony before Pappas stopped him. Mesnick was then chosen to be featured on the 13th season of The Bachelor, which premiered in January 2009.
On The Bachelor, Mesnick proposed and became engaged to Melissa Rycroft, a 25-year-old Dallas native and former squad member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. On the season's finale, Mesnick revealed that he changed his mind. When Rycroft was brought out, he broke up with her, and she returned the engagement ring. Molly Malaney, the runner-up, was then brought out. Mesnick asked for another chance with her, and she accepted.
Mesnick was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the day after the final episode, After the Final Rose, was aired. He said the chemistry was different between him and Rycroft. Kimmel asked Mesnick why he proposed marriage to Rycroft and Mesnick replied that Rycroft was exactly what he wanted at the time, but he did not want to lead Rycroft on. In June 2009 Rycroft announced her engagement to a man (Tye Strickland) she had been dating in Dallas.
In October 2009, while vacationing in New Zealand, Mesnick asked Malaney to marry him and she accepted. They were married on February 27, 2010, in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Their wedding aired in a two-hour special called The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding, on March 8, 2010. On October 12, 2012, the Mesnicks announced that they were expecting their first child together, telling their son Ty (7 years old at the time) during a game of Hangman.
Molly and Jason welcomed daughter Riley Anne Mesnick on March 14, 2013. She was born in Seattle and weighed 6 lbs., 8 oz.
- "The Bachelorette contestant Jason Mesnik's first wedding photos". Celebgalz. 2008-07-03. Archived from the original on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Rizzo, Monica (2008-12-22). "Meet Jason Mesnick Bachelor Dad". People. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Chansanchai, Athima (2009-01-04). "'The Bachelor's' Jason Mesnick gets his turn". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Nicole Tsong (January 4, 2009). Kirkland's Jason Mesnick spills about "The Bachelor". Seattle Times. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "The Bachelor 's Jason Mesnick: 'I'm Engaged'". TV Watch. People.com. 10 December 2008.
- "'Bachelor' Changes Mind, Picks Runner-Up". ABC News. March 3, 2009.
- Anna Diamond (30 June 2009). "Melissa Rycroft Is Engaged". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- Joyce Eng. "Bachelor's Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney Get Engaged". TVGuide.com.
- "ABC to Air Bachelor Jason Mesnick's Wedding Next Month". TVGuide.com.
- "'Bachelor' couple Jason & Molly Expecting a Baby". 11 October 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Bios: The Bachelor". ABC.com. Archived from the original on January 19, 2009. Retrieved January 26, 2009.
- B&C: After The Final Rose