|Born||Jason Scott Mesnick|
|Residence||Kirkland, Washington, U.S.|
Hilary Buckholz (m. 2003; div. 2007)
The Bachelorette/The Bachelor
Mesnick competed on the fourth season of The Bachelorette, which premiered in May 2008, as one of the suitors of DeAnna Pappas, even proposing in the final rose ceremony before Pappas stopped him. Mesnick was then chosen to be featured on the 13th season of The Bachelor, which premiered in January 2009.
On The Bachelor, Mesnick proposed and became engaged to Melissa Rycroft, a 25-year-old Dallas native and former squad member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. On the season's finale, Mesnick revealed that he changed his mind. When Rycroft was brought out, he broke up with her, and she returned the engagement ring. Molly Malaney, the runner-up, was then brought out. Mesnick asked for another chance with her, and she accepted.
Mesnick was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the day after the final episode, After the Final Rose, was aired. He said the chemistry was different between him and Rycroft. Kimmel asked Mesnick why he proposed marriage to Rycroft and Mesnick replied that Rycroft was exactly what he wanted at the time, but he did not want to lead Rycroft on. In June 2009 Rycroft announced her engagement to a man she had been dating in Dallas.
In October 2009, while vacationing in New Zealand, Mesnick asked Malaney to marry him and she accepted. They were married on February 27, 2010, in the Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes. Their wedding aired in a two-hour special called The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding, on March 8, 2010.
On October 12, 2012, Mesnick and his wife Molly announced they were expecting their first child together. Their daughter, Riley Anne Mesnick, was born on March 14, 2013. The family resides in Kirkland.
Mesnick is a residential real estate agent.
- "Jason Mesnick". Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "The Bachelor 's Jason Mesnick: 'I'm Engaged'". TV Watch. People.com. 10 December 2008.
- "'Bachelor' Changes Mind, Picks Runner-Up". ABC News. March 3, 2009.
- Anna Diamond (30 June 2009). "Melissa Rycroft Is Engaged". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- Joyce Eng. "Bachelor's Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney Get Engaged". TVGuide.com.
- "It's Official: Bachelor's Jason And Molly Get Hitched!". People. February 27, 2010. Archived from the original on January 9, 2011.
- "ABC to Air Bachelor Jason Mesnick's Wedding Next Month". TVGuide.com.
- "The Bachelorette contestant Jason Mesnik's first wedding photos". Celebgalz. 2008-07-03. Archived from the original on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Rizzo, Monica (2008-12-22). "Meet Jason Mesnick Bachelor Dad". People. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Chansanchai, Athima (2009-01-04). "'The Bachelor's' Jason Mesnick gets his turn". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "'Bachelor' couple Jason & Molly Expecting a Baby". 11 October 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Jason and Molly Mesnick Welcome Daughter Riley Anne". People. March 14, 2013. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
The Bachelor alums welcomed daughter Riley Anne Mesnick on Thursday, March 14, the proud parents tell 'People' exclusively.
- Nicole Tsong (January 4, 2009). Kirkland's Jason Mesnick spills about "The Bachelor". Seattle Times. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Bios: The Bachelor". ABC.com. Archived from the original on January 19, 2009. Retrieved January 26, 2009.