Jason Mohammad presenting the Wales' national rugby union team celebrations for the Grand Slam 2012
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|Education||Glyn Derw High School
University of Cardiff
|Notable credit(s)||Wales on Saturday
BBC Wales Today
Mohammad was born and brought up in Cardiff to a Pakistani father and Welsh mother, going to school at Glyn Derw High School. He studied Welsh and Politics at Swansea University, and then attended Cardiff University for a postgraduate diploma in broadcast journalism. He is a practising Muslim.
Mohammad joined the BBC in 1997 as a reporter for BBC Wales Today before becoming the anchor of Wales on Saturday. In 2013, he became the host of Final Score on BBC One. He is the presenter of Scrum V on BBC 2 Wales and the secondary snooker presenter for the BBC. Mohammad was part of the BBC's broadcasting crew at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.
Mohammad hosts a weekday morning show on BBC Radio Wales.
- "Don't mind your P's and Q's: Broadcaster Jason Mohammad". Wales Online. 7 November 2009.
- "Jason Mohammad finds peace on religious journey". Daily Post. North Wales. 7 November 2009.
- "BBC NEWS - UK - Wales - News Academy for young reporters". bbc.co.uk.
- Notable alumni Archived 30 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The TV Room +". thetvroomplus.com.