Jason Moore (director)
October 12, 1970 |
Fayetteville, Arkansas, U.S.
|Occupation||Film director, television director, theatre director|
Jason Moore (born October 22, 1970) is an American director of film, theatre and television.
Life and career
Jason Moore was born in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and studied at Northwestern University. Moore's Broadway career began as the resident director of Les Misérables at the Imperial Theatre in 1987. He is the son of Fayetteville District Judge Rudy Moore.
In March 2003, Moore directed the musical Avenue Q, which opened Off-Broadway at the Vineyard Theatre and then moved to Broadway at the John Golden Theatre in July 2003. He was nominated for a 2004 Tony Award for his direction. Moore also directed productions of the musical in Las Vegas and London and the show's national tour. Moore directed the 2005 Broadway revival of Steel Magnolias and Shrek the Musical which opened on Broadway in 2008. He directed the concert of Jerry Springer — The Opera at Carnegie Hall in January 2008.
Moore, Jeff Whitty, Jake Shears, and John "JJ" Garden worked together on a new musical based on Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City. The musical premiered at the American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, California in May 2011 and ran through July 2011.
For television, Moore has directed episodes of Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Everwood, and Brothers & Sisters. As a writer, Moore adapted the play The Floatplane Notebooks with Paul Fitzgerald from the novel by Clyde Edgerton. A staged reading of the play was presented at the New Play Festival at the Charlotte, North Carolina Repertory Theatre in 1996, with a fully staged production in 1998. 
In 2012, Moore made his film directorial debut with Pitch Perfect, starring Anna Kendrick and Brittany Snow. He also served as an executive producer on the sequel. His upcoming film, Sisters starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, is set to be released on December 17, 2015. Moore's next project will be directing a live action Archie movie.
- "Internet Broadway Database -- Jason Moore". http://ibdb.com/. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Max, Brantley. "Judge Rudy Moore Jr. dies at 69". http://www.arktimes.com/. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Brantley, Ben."Theater Review:Teasing Out Hair and Sisterly Ties" New York Times, April 5, 2005
- Brantley, Ben."The Belching Green Ogre Has a Song in His Heart" New York Times, December 15, 2008
- Hernandez, Ernio."Casting Complete for 'Jerry Springer — The Opera' Carnegie Hall Concert" playbill.com, January 8, 2008
- Hetrick, Adam." 'Tales of the City' 'Bites Into That Lotus' As New Musical Opens in San Francisco May 31" playbill.com, May 31, 2011
- Lefkowitz, David."Last Chance To Open Edgerton's Notebooks in Charlotte, NC, Feb. 15" playbill.com, February 15, 1998
- "Pitch Perfect - Trailers, Videos, and Reviews ComingSoon.net Movie Database". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- Archie Comics Movie Deal Set At Warner Bros: High School Comedy With Zombies? Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa To Write, Jason Moore To Direct, Roy Lee-Dan Lin Producing
- Jason Moore at the Internet Movie Database
- Jason Moore at the Internet Broadway Database