|Date of birth:||March 31, 1974|
|Place of birth:||Winter Haven, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||307 lb (139 kg)|
|High school:||Bartow (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||1996 / Round: 4 / Pick: 96|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jason Brian Odom (born March 31, 1974) is an American former college and professional football player who was an offensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for four seasons during the 1990s. Odom played college football for the University of Florida, and received unanimous All-American honors. Thereafter, he played professionally for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Odom accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was an offensive lineman for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1992 to 1995. Odom was a four-year starter, a senior team captain in 1995, a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 1994 and 1995, and a unanimous first-team All-American in 1995. In his four years as a Gator, the team won three consecutive SEC championships (1993, 1994, 1995), and played for a Bowl Alliance national championship in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl. He was also the recipient of the SEC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy, recognizing the best blocker in the SEC, in 1994 and 1995.
Odom graduated from Florida with a bachelor's degree in exercise and sports science in 1996. In one of a series of articles written for The Gainesville Sun in 2006, the newspaper's sports editors selected him as No. 28 of the top 100 Gators from the first 100 years of Florida football. He was inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great" in 2010.
Odom was chosen in the fourth round (ninety-sixth pick overall) of the 1996 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and played offensive tackle for the Buccaneers for four seasons from 1996 to 1999. He started forty-one of the forty-six Buccaneers games in which he played.
Life after football
- 1995 College Football All-America Team
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- History of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of SEC Jacobs Blocking Trophy winners
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Jason Odom. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Jason Odom. Retrieved June 6, 2010. Labeled "Risky site" by McAfee.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 88, 93, 97, 102, 125, 184 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- 2012 NCAA Football Records Book, Award Winners, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, pp. 10 & 14 (2012). Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Robbie Andreu & Pat Dooley, "No. 28 Jason Odom," The Gainesville Sun (August 6, 2006). Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- F Club, Hall of Fame, Gator Greats. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- "Eight Former Letterwinners Announced to be Hall of Fame Inductees," GatorZone.com (October 15, 2009). Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1996 National Football League Draft. Retrieved June 6, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Jason Odom. Retrieved June 6, 2010.
- Thomas W. Krause, "Ex-Buc, Veteran Become Deputies", The Tampa Tribune, Metro Section, p. 5 (July 12, 2008).
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.