|Full name||Jason Daniel Pearce|
|Date of birth||6 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Hillingdon, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2006||→ Bognor Regis (loan)||12||(1)|
|2007||→ Woking (loan)||18||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:36, 10 January 2016 (UTC).
Having joined Portsmouth as an apprentice in 2004, Pearce rose through the ranks. His professionalism despite his tender years earned him his first pro-contract in June 2006. He failed to make one appearance for Portsmouth during his first session with the club, and was loaned to Bognor Regis Town and Woking.
On 9 August 2007, Pearce moved along the south coast to Bournemouth, signing a two-year contract. He helped get Bournemouth promoted to League One from League Two during the 2009–10 season. On 4 January 2010, Pearce replaced Danny Hollands as first team captain, in a new-look structure that saw veteran striker Steve Fletcher become club captain.
During the 2010–11 season, Pearce led the club to the League One playoffs, however his involvement in the playoffs saw him sent off in extra time for a foul on Kevin Kilbane in the semi final second leg against Huddersfield Town as Bournemouth were knocked out on penalties and as a result unable to gain a back to back promotion. Pearce received Bournemouth's Player of the Year Award for the 2010–11 season.
Return to Portsmouth
Pearce was sold back to his old club Portsmouth on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee, reported to be in the region of £300,000, up to £600,000, on 24 June 2011. Pearce joined his new club alongside David Norris when the first team came back from absence on 1 July.
After being suspended for the first three games of the season due to a red card in his last game for Bournemouth, Pearce made his debut on 16 August 2011, against Reading, playing as a centre-back. With Portsmouth in financial turmoil he was subject to a bid from Ipswich Town in January 2012, however he said he wanted to stay at Portsmouth under new manager Michael Appleton.
When Captain, Liam Lawrence was loaned to Cardiff City, On 3 March 2012, Pearce was named as the new permanent captain of Portsmouth. He took over the captain's armband in the Championship match against Middlesbrough in a 3–1 loss which could have possibly been the club's last match in existence. This was too much for the 24-year-old captain who was reduced to tears at the end of the 90 minutes. At the end of the 2011–12 season, Portsmouth were relegated to League One, due to the financial problems at the club it was announced that Pearce would have to be sold to raise funds for the club. In April 2012, at the end of season awards, Pearce won seven out of the nine available supporters awards.
On 4 May 2012, Pearce signed for Leeds United for an undisclosed fee, on a four-year contract. He was the club's first signing of the summer. Upon signing, Pearce was given the number 5 shirt, which was previously allocated to Andy O'Brien. After Pearce had signed, Leeds' manager Neil Warnock revealed that he tried previously to sign him while he was at Queens Park Rangers and also tried sign him on loan in March, after he had joined Leeds. Following his transfer Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch defended the cut-price deal which saw him join Leeds as he explained that such measures are necessary to keep relegated Pompey afloat.
Pearce made his competitive début for Leeds in the first game of the season against Shrewsbury Town in the League Cup on 11 August. Pearce made his league debut for Leeds their 1–0 victory against Wolverhampton Wanderers. He put in an impressive performance and received the man of the match award. With regular captain Lee Peltier out injured, Pearce was named captain for Leeds' 2–1 League Cup victory against Premiership side Everton on 25 September. Pearce also picked up a head injury in the same game which required stitches.
Pearce received a straight red card against Watford on 10 November, the red card would result in a three-match ban. After his red card, Leeds signed Alan Tate to cover Pearce's absence, however due to Tate's form, Pearce lost his place in the side upon return from suspension.
Following the arrival of Brian McDermott as manager and initially an injury to captain Lee Peltier. Pearce finished the season as the regular central defensive partner to Tom Lees. He scored his first goal for the club on 5 October, in a 3–1 defeat against Derby County. Pearce was awarded the man of the match award against Q.P.R. on 1 March 2014 in a 1-1 draw, up to this point in the season, Pearce had played every single minute of the 2013/14 season for Leeds with a string of impressive individual performances. Pearce, missed the following game against Bolton Wanderers on 8 March as his partner gave birth to their first child on 7 March.
On 1 August, Pearce was assigned the Leeds number 6 shirt for the 2014/15 season. After the sale of club captain Ross McCormack, on 9 August 2014, Pearce was named as the new club Captain against Millwall.
- Bournemouth – Player of the Year: 2010–11 season
- Portsmouth - Player of The Year: 2011–12 season
- As of 1 November 2014.
|Season||Club||Loan||Division||League||FA Cup||League Cup||FL Trophy||FA Trophy||Play-offs||Total||Discipline|
|Leeds United Total||93||2||4||0||10||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||107||2||18||1|
|2006–07||Bognor Regis||Loan||Conference South||12||1||2||0||0||0||–||–||1||0||–||–||15||1||–||–|
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- "Cherries: Pearce will never delete play-off semi footage". Daily Echo. 10 December 2011.
- Pompey Sign Pearce
- "Jason Pearce stayed at Portsmouth for boss Michael Appleton". BBC Sport. 2 February 2012.
- "Leeds United sign Portsmouth defender Jason Pearce". BBC Sport. 4 May 2012.
- "Appy: Prized-assets will be prised away". The News. 26 April 2012.
- "PEARCE BECOMES SIGNING NUMBER ONE". Leeds United F.C. 4 May 2012.
- "Pearce Joins Leeds". Portsmouth A.F.C. 4 May 2012.
- "DEFENDER CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!". Leeds United F.C. 4 May 2012.
- "JASON DEAL IS JUST THE START – BOSS". Leeds United F.C. 4 May 2012.
- "Birch defends Pearce deal". Sky Sports. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "SHREWSBURY LIVE". Leeds United F.C. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Becchio goal secures win against Wolves...". Leeds United F.C. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "UNITED SINK EVERTON". Leeds United F.C. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "LEEDS 0, WATFORD 1 (Vydra 27)". Leeds United Official Website. 10 November 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "BOSS HAILS ANOTHER FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE". Leeds United F.C. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Derby 3–1 Leeds" BBC Sport. 5 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Leeds United defender Jason Pearce says home form will be crucial". Sky Sports. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "AWARDS HAT-TRICK FOR ROSS". Leeds United F.C. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "SQUAD NUMBERS RELEASED". Leeds United. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Millwall v Leeds". BBC Sport. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Leeds United: Defender Cooper looks set to be Whites’ new captain". Yorkshire Evening Post. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Pompey Already Talking to Clubs". TWTD[disambiguation needed]. 24 April 2012. External link in
- Jason Pearce career statistics at Soccerbase