Jason Polan (born 1982 in Franklin, Michigan) is an American artist who currently lives and works in New York, NY. Polan's illustrations have been published in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Metropolis Magazine, and Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, among others.
Other examples of recent projects include: the Every Piece Of Art in The Museum Of Modern Art Book, a comic book for Jack Spade, the Millard Fillmore $13 Bill (printed by Fritz Swanson at the Manchester Press), and the "Every Person in New York" project.
Jason Polan is also the founder of Taco Bell Drawing Club
- The New Yorker. March 6, 2006. http://www.newyorkerstore.com/Fitness/I-usually-do-two-hours-of-cardio-and-then-four-more-of-cardio-and-then-two-more-of-cardio/invt/129496
- The New York Times, "Love the Concept. But Is It Art?" October 22, 2009. https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/opinion/l23concept.html
- Philip Nobel, "Designis Personae" - metropolismag.com, September 11, 2006.
- McSweeney's Issue 30, March 3009.
- Metropolis POV "Everybody Is a Star." by Mason Currey, March 26, 2008. http://www.metropolismag.com/pov/20080326/everybody-is-a-star-2
- Racked New York. "Sunday Special: Jack Spade's Comic Book," by Cynthia Drescher, August 3, 2008. http://racked.com/archives/2008/08/03/sunday_special_jack_spades_comic_book.php
- Printeresting.org "No really, EVERYBODY’s printin’ money" by RL Tillman, October 12, 2008. http://www.printeresting.org/2008/10/12/no-really-everybodys-printin-money/
- The New York Times City Room. "Artist Reaches Milestone, Measured One Person at a Time," by JUSTIN G. SULLIVAN, December 3, 2009. http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/jason-polan-draft/#comment-577361
- Whose Fault Is That, Interview of Rich Jacobs and Jason Polan by David Cole, December 16, 2008. http://www.whosefaultisthat.net/2009/01/jason-polan/
- Artist's Website
- Taco Bell Drawing Club Website
- 20x200 Artist Profile
- Jason Polan's Please Trust Me at Lump Gallery article by Dave Delcambre
- Jason Polan by Letizia Rossi
- Dejour Cultural Commentary on Jason Polan
- Hello My Name is Art article
- Article from The Michigan Daily
- Metropolis POV article illustration
- OP-ART; Thirsting for Fountains NY Times
- McSweeney's Issue 30 article