Singh, with Taxiride
Hunter Valley, November 2002
|Birth name||Jason Mahendra Singh|
|Born||12 March 1974|
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
Jason Mahendra Singh is an Australian singer-songwriter-guitarist. From 1997 to 2006 he fronted the rock band, Taxiride, as their lead singer. In March 2009 he issued a duet single, "The World As You Know It" with Todd Watson, which peaked at No. 10 on the ARIA Club Tracks.
Jason Mahendra Singh was born in Melbourne and has two older sisters. His father, Mahendra Singh, is an Indo-Fijian and his mother is of Maltese descent. While in high school Singh formed a covers band, Mud, singing lead vocals. He started playing guitar in the mid-1990s. He played in the live music scene in Melbourne throughout the 1990's.
Singh joined Taxiride in 1997; in October 2013 recalled his audition, "I sang Tracy Chapman's 'Give Me One Reason'. They changed the key higher, and I could do it. They kept changing the key higher and higher, and I could still do it... The next day they said, 'You’re in the band'." Fellow founders were Daniel Hall on bass guitar, guitar and backing vocals; Tim Watson on lead guitar and backing vocals; and Tim Wild on guitar and backing vocals.
In March 2009 Singh issued a duet single, "The World As You Know It" with Todd Watson, which peaked at No. 10 on the ARIA Club Tracks. He released his debut solo album, Humannequin, in 2012. In 2015 he set himself a goal of writing, proceeding and releasing six singles in 12 months. The first single was released in October 2015 and the sixth in August 2016. He held a special performance on 2 September 2016 at Flying Saucer Club in Melbourne to celebrate the achievement. It was the first chance to hear all six songs in a live arena.
Jason Singh and his wife, Leah, have been together since about 1997. They are the parents of two children.
- "The World As You Know It" (Todd Watson & Jason Singh) (January 2009)
- "Quicksand" (October 2015)
- "Your Love" (December 2015) 
- "If It’s A Dream" (February 2016)
- "Feel For You" (April 2016)
- "Humanise" (July 2016)
- "Surrender" (August 2016)
- "Profile: Taxiride star Jason Singh flies solo". Star Weekly. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Cashmere, Paul (18 December 2008). "Jason Singh Signs with Neon". Undercover News. Paul Cashmere, Ros O'Gorman. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Encyclopedia entry for 'Taxiride'". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on 26 August 2004. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Biography". taxiride.com.au. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- "The ARIA Report" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 1 June 2009. p. 20. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 August 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "JASON SINGH SURRENDERS SINGLE SIX". auspOp. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Humannequin - album". iTunes Australia. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "The World as You Know it - Todd Watson and Jason Singh". discogs.com. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- "Quicksand - single". iTunes Australia. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Your Love - single". iTunes Australia. Retrieved 26 February 2016.